Once Upon A Summer

'Life goes faster than you think. Treasure every moment because in one snap, world can take away the happiness you're feeling at the moment.'

All we have is now...

***
Prolouge

Back when I was a child, I used to wake up in the night. Always wishing for the sun, hoping the night would end. The darkness and my wild imagination always scares me. Thinking there are monsters under my bed.

But now, it's completely opposite. I'm always awake at night. Wishing for the sun to set and waiting for the day to end.

We'll never be those kids again.

Nandito ako ngayon sa sakayan ng jeep. Sa tabi ng Hospital malapit sa school at sa palengke. Napabuntong hininga 'ko ng makitang halos wala nang mga jeep ang dumadaan. Sabagay, it's almost 6:00 PM at punuan pa.

Wala sa sariling napatingin ako sa dumadaan sa harapan ko. Some are students while some are just random people—laughing and talking like there's no tomorrow.

How can they be so sure that the person they're talking to is genuinely happy?

And if they are, paano nila nagagawa 'yon?

Bakit hindi ko magawa?

"Sakay ka?" Bumalik lang ako sa sarili ng maramdaman kong may humawak sa braso ko at malakas akong hiniltak papunta sa jeep. The short distance between us was enough for me to inhale her strawberry vanilla scented perfume.

Nang makasakay kami ay hindi ako nagsalita kahit panay ang titig nya saakin. Hanggang sa napuno ang jeep ay nakatitig at nakangiti parin sya.

Baliw ba 'to?

Bigla akong kinilabutan sa naisip ko at mabilis na umiling. Hindi naman siguro. Masyado syang maayos para pagkamalang baliw.

"Ikaw si Gab diba?" Bumalik ako sa sarili ko ng bigla syang magsalita. Tumingin pa 'ko sa kaliwa't kanan ko para tignan kung sino ang kausap nya ngunit lahat ay may kanya kanyang ginagawa.

"Oo.."

"Yown!" Rinig kong bulong nya. "I'm looking forward to see you perform."

The moment her sentence ended, alam ko na ang tinutukoy nya.

Kasabay ng pag hinto ng jeep ang pag hinto namin dalawa.

Naipit kami sa traffic but the view didn't disappointed me. It didn't dissapointed us.

She watches the sky. Lost in the rhythmic percussion of air. Her eyes are steady to the horizon. I'm surprised when her lips bear the semblance of a smile. She seems enjoying her thoughts—whatever they may be. Lumipat ako sa tabi nya ng walang ginagawang ingay. It was enough for me to feel her presence, allowing her to stay lost in the moment.

So she loves sunsets.

Napaubo ako. I suddenly remembered the quote saying, "Sunsets are proof that ending can be beautiful too."

Dahan-dahan ko ulit syang nilingon at tinignan ang tanaw ng mga mata nya. The orange gold stretches far and wide. The color of tangerines. It is but the reflection of the dusk, the promise of the rising moon.

"Can you see those sunsets' colors?" Distracted on my own thoughts, she suddenly spoked.

Hindi ko alam kung sasagot ba 'ko.

"Yes.."

"They are symbols." Nakangiting saad nya habang nakatingin sa makulay na langit. "Symbols that says you can rest, Gab. Each are showing you the good tomorrow could bring. So always look forward for tomorrow." She said in the most comforting voice—pertaining to sunset.

But I didn't felt it.

I wanted to tell that soon—those colors will be black and dark. A symbol of suffering tomorrow may bring. I wanted to tell her that.

But instead, I stayed silent.

It's better to suffer alone, stranger.

Author's note:

This story will tackle the common teenager problems. Some chapter will leave you lessons that will help you realize the real meaning of life. Advance thankyou and Godbless!

You're free to critique my works. Please help me throughout my journey here in wattpad :) Hehe I'm still at the learning phase :p

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events, and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Always,
AllysonTheNoble