Chapter 18: Memories

A/N
Vote, follow, comment and all that good stuff! Enjoy!

"Man this takes me back, I was here 11 years ago. I remember Yukio got lost that night and then me, (Y/N) and the old man had to go looking all over for him. We ended up finding him in the temple's courtyard, crying his eyes out. The second he saw me, (Y/N) and the old man walking up, that's when he really turned on the waterworks. " Rin chuckled. You were all in the same spot as before, as memories flashed by of what happened here 11 years ago.

"Does it make you sad? " Usamaro asked.

"Huh? What are you talking about? " Rin smiled. You smiled sadly.

"Your memory, does it hurt? " Usamaro asked once more.

"Nah, it's not like-" Rin paused, as he remembered everything he's been through with his father until his death.

"On second thought... Yeah it does... It does hurt... " Rin muttered. Tears rolled down your cheeks, you felt worse that you weren't there.

Rin and you stood, looking at Shiro, who was sitting down while looking through a book.

No way...

"Who is it? I know someone's there." Shiro's said while looking in your direction.

"We- Umm... " Rin stuttered.

"Peekaboo! " Little Yukio exclaimed as you and Rin followed behind him.

"Yup, I knew it." Shiro smiled. The three of you hurriedly jumped happily onto the bench he was sitting on.

"Hey! Read us that story! " Yukio beamed.

"Yeah! Yeah! " You giggled. Shiro chuckled.

It's me, (Y/N) and Yukio, when we were kids. But, who's that guy? I think he's important to me, but I can't remember.

"What's wrong, Rin, (Y/N)? " Shiro said softly.

Old man... Dad!

Shiro!

Rin and you hurriedly grabbed the memory, as you both instantly remembered everything.

"These are all our... " Rin gasped.

"I ate them for you. Did you remember them again? " Usamaro asked.

"No way... You ate all our memories? " Rin breathed out.

"Usamaro... Why? " You stared at him, wide eyed. You both nearly collapsed from being overwhelmed by this realization.

"That's what I do, I gobble up all the things that make you sad and help you forget. " Usamaro said plainly.

"The ancestors in the village, that's why you were sealed away?! " Rin exclaimed.

"Don't you worry Rin, (Y/N), I can eat them for you again. " Usamaro smiled. As you were both engulfed by his tail, that resembled a black mist.

"Stop it! " Rin shouted.

"Usamaro! " You cried. Cheng suddenly arrived and hit Usamaro with his staff, as he turned into his true form. Usamaro growled.

"Usamaro..." Rin muttered.

"So that's what you look like, funny meeting a demon from the clan of time in a temple courtyard. In the name of my clan, I shall exorcise you! " Cheng shouted as he dashed towards Usamaro.

"No!" You yelled, as Rin intervened. He used the sheath of his sword and blocked Cheng's attack.

"What are you doing? I knew it, you don't have what it takes to be an exorcist. " Cheng seethed. They continued to push against each other, as Cheng tossed Rin.

"Rin! " You shouted as you ran to his side. Usamaro then used his tail on Cheng, reminding him of when he was going to do his first exorcism.