EPILOGUE

Arryn opened her eyes and leaned closer to the monitor

Arryn opened her eyes and leaned closer to the monitor. She loved hearing Rhys speak in baby talk.

"There's Daddy's sweet girl. You need your diaper changed?" Rustling sounds, then he spoke again. "Oh my God. El. How can someone so precious do something so vile? You are stinky. Listen, you've got to start saving this for Mama. See we take turns, and somehow I'm getting poop details. That's got to stop. Okay?"

Arryn laughed, then rolled out of bed and trotted down the hall. She stood in the doorway for a moment before she joined them. The sight of Rhys holding Elia made Arryn's heart swell. She walked to where he stood. "Hey, mi amor. Gimme a high five. Way to go."

Rhys looked down at her. "You think you're funny, don't you?"

"Little bit." She took a deep breath and leaned into him.

"You okay? You should go back to bed and rest while you can."

"I know. But I hear you talking to her, and it makes me happy, and I can't sleep."

He quirked an eyebrow. "Well, I'm just glad it's happiness keeping you awake."

"I have a lot to be thankful for. I have you and her. Papi is doing great. My parents are remarrying, so that'll be a ride. Hell, even Abuelito's bowels are doing better, and I'm pretty sure he's getting a little side action with Mrs. Tovar." She burst out laughing.

"Yeah, that's all good, but the best part." Rhys looked at Elia. "You're gonna stay with your Aunties and cousins this weekend. Won't that be fun?"

"I've been thinking. She's really too young to leave for a whole weekend. I'm breastfeeding, and..."

Rhys shook his head, laid Elia back in her bed, and turned to face his wife. "No. We discussed this. We're checking into a hotel, and I plan to do things to you. Good things. Dirty things. Things you'll like. I guarantee it."

She peered down at Elia and worried her lip. "But..."

He shook his head. "No buts. She's six weeks old on Friday. I've been patient, and although I appreciate how generous you've been with the hand and lip action, I'm ready to screw your brains out, and that's that. My turn to take care of you. No canceling the trip." He took her in his arms and kissed her. The one that made her knees weak. Her lower regions hum. Her breasts tighten.

She gasped for breath. "I don't know. I hate to be away from her."

He moved his mouth to her ear. "Let me describe some of those things I mentioned." Then he whispered, "First...."

Her face flushed. "Oh."

"Yeah, and then...."

He loved that he could make her flustered so easily.

"Okay. You've convinced me."

"That's what I thought you'd say." He smirked. "Besides, tick-tock, tick-tock. If we want more kids, we need to get busy."

Arryn pushed away from him. "You can forget that. I'll be providing protection."

That got a laugh from him. "Hey, fine by me. The last time you did, it turned out just right."

Aaaaaand we're done here

Hope you've enjoyed Arryn and Rhys' story

x