4.

Normani's POV

"That was great, class! You all did amazing!" I clapped my hands, garnering the attention of my class. We had just finished working on the routine for our upcoming showcase in a few months. I was honestly so impressed by the progress some of my students had been making.

"Thank you, Miss Normani," my class chorused in harmony, and I couldn't help but to grin at the respectful kids.

"Okay, why don't you all get ready to go? Your parents and/or guardians should be here soon to pick you all up," I smiled warmly at my kids, and they all did as I told them to without fail.

I smiled as I walked over to my things, bending down to grab my bottle of water and my cellphone to check and see if I had any missed messages. I only had one and it was from Dinah.

Queen D: You still coming tonight, right?

Normani: I told you I would be. Also, why are you texting me? You're literally right in the next studio.

Queen D: I had to run out real quick. Sean wanted some damn coffee🙄

Normani: Ou! Get me one? You going to that cute cafe down the street?

Queen D: omg do i look like yalls errand girl?

Normani: Please🥺

Queen D: fuck, you lucky i love your ole headass. I gotchu. The usual?

Normani: Yes plz and thank you. Also you owe me this bc i had to give the boys to my mom tonight so i could meet this mystery person you've been seeing for four months and still have yet allowed us to meet

Queen D: true true, damn way to lay on the guilt trip Mani

Normani: it's what I do. See you soon?

Queen D: yeah yeah, let me go and order yalls coffee and get back before Sean turns full gremlin

Normani: you're terrible to him lmaoo See you soon DJ.

A throat cleared causing Normani to glance up from her phone to see one of her newest students, Marianna, standing before her. She remembered quickly that the little one preferred to be called Mari, and so she smiled warmly at the young preteen and said, "What can I do for you, Mari?"

"Um, hi, Miss Normani," the young Latina said awkwardly as she shuffled her feet, looking down at the ground, "So my mom texted me and said she was going to be late getting here because of a case she's working on, and I was wondering if I could hang around here. I can't walk home and Abby's mom couldn't give me a ride today because they're going out of town for the rest of the weekend. I'll help with whatever you need me to do! I can wipe down the mirrors, or-."

"Of course you can hang out here while you wait for your mother, Mari," I smiled softly down at the nervous little one, "And you don't have to do all that. You can sit outside in the waiting room with me until your mom gets here."

Almost instantly, Mari's face brightened and she perked up, "Really? Awesome! Thanks so much, Miss Normani!"

"Of course, babes. Come on," Normani motioned for Mari to lead the way out of the studio, and she followed closely after the young girl. In the waiting room, Sean was sitting at the desk with his feet propped up on top of it.

"Hi, Mr. Sean," Mari greeted happily as she walked towards the desk. Sean sat up, and he grinned at Mari and Mani.

"Hey, Mari, what are you still doing here?" Sean grinned.