"You look beautiful," he commented. He held her close, listening to her heartbeat. "Thank you," she whispered, feeling the familiar flame in her cheeks. "So do you."

Similar to yesterday, the guards opened the doors except there weren't any guards surrounding Ulric's family like there were her's. Which made sense.

Her heartbeat sped right back up and so did the anxiety that Ulric helped soothe when the doors swung open.

Amaryllis could not decipher who was who. She hadn't seen any photos or paintings of his family, and they all looked to be around the same age, except for the children of course. She had no clue who his parents were because not one of them looked significantly older than the others.

"Ulric," a woman said and approached him with her arms outstretched. Amaryllis groaned internally, knowing this would be awkward. Ulric was not a hugger. She saw his jaw clench as the woman approached him. As she wrapped her arms around him, he stayed perfectly still, moving one hand up to pat her back lightly.

"My son, never the hugger," she said with a small smile. So this was his mother, Amaryllis thought to herself. She was beautiful and didn't look a day over 30. She had shoulder-length blond hair and her body was very slim. In fact, all the female vampires in his family were slim and she felt mildly insecure and out of place.

"Amaryllis," he said and reached down to grab her hand. "This is my mother, Elora. Mother, this is my mate, Amaryllis."

His mother, Elora, looked at her before her mouth dropped slightly. "Ulric, you didn't say your mate was human."

She saw his jaw tick again. "I didn't realize it would be an issue," he said, an underlying threat in his voice.

"No! It's not. I am just surprised. Human mates aren't common," she said. Elora looked at her again and smiled. "You are very beautiful," she said. "I know you and my son will make a beautiful heir one day."

Amaryllis's face flammed and she shifted from foot to foot awkwardly. "Thank you," she said.

Another vampire, a man, came to stand next to Elora and she recognized very similar facial features in him as Ulric. This was his father, she thought. 

The man stuck his hand out and Ulric shook it. "Congratulations, son." Amaryllis was right.

"This is my father, Vulk, and this is my mate, Amaryllis," Ulric introduced.

Vulk extended his hand once more to Amaryllis and she shook it. Her hand looked as small as a fly compared to his and she could tell where Ulric got his size from. Ulric and his father stood at the same height with Ulric showing more muscle than his father, though his father was still extremely muscular. The resemblance between the two was uncanny.

"Congratulations. It will be nice to have a Queen after all these years," Vulk said to her.

"I hope I can do the position justice," she said glancing at Ulric's mother who was once the queen.

"I'm sure you will," she said.

She then met the rest of his family, both of his brothers Nikolai and Elyas, and his two sisters Aviva and Lavinia. His family was beautiful. Every single one of them was attractive and bonded with equally as attractive mates. Her insecurities were really starting to shine through as she couldn't help but compare herself to the women.

King of The VampsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara