Innocence

Amaryllis shrieked in surprise as a hand grasped her upper arm. She quickly looked up and gasped as she was met with the body of a vampire.

She hadn't seen this man yet during her stay. He was not as big as the King, but he was very large none the less, one of the biggest men she had ever seen. He could easily snap her like a twig or drain the blood from her body.

"Hey, don't be afraid," the man said in a strong, yet gentle voice. He must've noticed the scared expression on her face.

His words soothed her, but she was still very tense and on edge.

"My name is Thierry. I am Ulric's second in command, basically his second-hand man," he said with a soft smile gracing his lips. He seemed nice and his smile met his eyes, but Amaryllis was still wary of him. She knew how deceptive vampires could be.

As Amaryllis calmed down a bit more, she looked over his features. He had blonde, almost white hair that was very curly atop his head. She knew he was a royal, but not of the King's bloodline. He also had a very muscular physique and was quite tall. He was handsome, but she wasn't attracted to him. For some reason, King Ulric had captured all of her attention.

Thierry held his hand out, but Amaryllis hesitated to grab it. "Please, I want to help you," he said softly.

Amaryllis nodded and grasped the man's hand, allowing him to pull her up from her position on the floor that she assumed after having her panic attack.

"I will clean this up for you," he said, reaching down to grab the cleaning supplies.

"No," Amaryllis exclaimed. "The King said I had to," she said. She didn't want to clean the blood filled room, but she didn't want to face the consequences if she didn't.

Thierry smiled and shook his head. "Don't worry about Ulric. It will be fine, the rest of these cells are clean, so you can go back to your room."

"No, really, I can do it," Amaryllis said, reaching to grab the cleaning supplies out of his hand. He moved his hand so she couldn't grab the items and shook his head.

"No, I will do it, now go to your room," Theirry said, still nice but with authority lacing his tone.

"Thank you," Amaryllis said and turned around to go back to her cell.

She left the door to her cell open in case Thierry wanted her to come back out. Even though he was a vampire, a very high-up vampire at that, she wasn't really afraid of him. In fact, she hoped he would be her friend during her time there.

A little while later she heard a knock on the door. She looked up from staring at the floor and saw it was Theirry. Thankfully it wasn't the King.

"What are you doing in the cells? Why aren't you in the human quarters," he asked, confusion lacing his voice.

"Oh, this is where the King said I would stay," Amaryllis said while she looked down, ashamed of herself.

"He did?" Theirry asked.

"Yes," Amaryllis nodded.

"That bastard," Thierry cursed, looking angry.

Amaryllis didn't know what to say, so she clasped her hands together and stood awkwardly, staring at her feet.

"Well, I will see you around. What is your name?" He asked.

"Amaryllis," she said.

"I will see you around, Amaryllis." With that, he gave her a small smile and walked out before she could even thank him again for helping her. He smiled at her, but this time Amaryllis didn't think it was too sincere.