Sheets

"The packs in my land are sufficiently obeying my rules. I haven't had any disturbances from them and they're quite cordial. I hope that the vampire clans are treating you with the same amicability?"

"Of course, no disturbances what so ever. The clan on our eastern border has made quite good friends with a neighboring pack," King Jax, the werewolf king, said.

There were different groups of vampires residing in the werewolf territory and vise versa to help carry out trades between the two kingdoms.

Ulric nodded his head, glad there were no conflicts. This meeting had been one of the fastest ones ever. There weren't any conflicts regarding anything. All trade was running smoothly, there were no aggressive exchanges or hostile groups.

"Well Jax, it appears that everything is running perfectly," he said.

"Yes, I am quite glad. I do hope that Ms. Benton has healed fine after the accident?" Jax asked whilst looking between Ulric and Thierry.

"She is doing well under my care, yes, and her injuries are alleviated for the most part. Though, I assume you're aware that she is not coming back."

"I assumed she wouldn't be. She's in the right not to after what that wolf did to her. Besides, you can't resist a mate," he said. Ulric agreed, knowing all too well how much of a torture it was.

"If you don't have anything left to discuss, then we can end the meeting now. All the numbers and exchanges are in order like you said, so I think we are done here until tomorrow's meeting," Jax said while placing his hands on the oak desk in front of him.

All three men stood up, and both Kings were unable to resist the urge to size each other up at they did so. Two vibrantly dominating, violent men in one room together could be quite explosive.

They shook hands and Ulric and Thierry left the Alpha Kings office, heading back to the suite that had been given to them for the duration of their stay.

They had just arrived at the Alpha Kings castle only an hour before. It had taken them a little bit less than a day to get there. They would finish their discussions tomorrow.

Ulric leaned against the counter, pouring himself a glass of blood from one of the bags he had brought with him. As he sipped the blood, he felt an odd pain in the side of his gut. He simply brushed it off, not paying it much attention. Until he felt it again in the same spot, but the pain was much more intense that time.

Ulric drank the last of the blood and then lifted his shirt up, looking for some explanation as to what the pain was from. It wasn't painful to him, more just like an annoying pressure, but it aggravated him that he couldn't detect where it was coming from.

He washed the glass and put it away. He thought about leaving it in the sink, waiting for the maid to clean it up when they left, but he heard a nagging, beautiful voice in the back of his head telling him to clean it up himself.

He groaned as he rolled his sleeves up to clean off the glass as Amaryllis infiltrated his mind. She was making him a more compassionate and selfless person.

By the time he put the glass back into the cupboard, he almost completely forgot about the peculiar pressure in his side when he felt a stinging sensation on his cheek. "What the fuck," he growled.

What is happening, he wandered to himself, growing increasingly more irritated. Then, an image of his mate fluttered through his mind, her ever so beautiful face smiling at him. His heart dropped.

"Amaryllis," he said to himself.

His phone in the breast pocket of his suit started to ring, so he picked it up. "Lawrence," he said. "Where is my mate?" He tried to maintain a calm composure.