𝕬𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐜𝐡𝐢𝐨 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈𝐈) ☕︎

Start from the beginning

"Ahhh no. I was awake." Speaking softly to the other person on the line, you reassured him that the time of his call was fine.

"Leone Abbacchio. An ex-police officer was entangled with a certain case of robbery. His partner died in that operation and he lost his job." Bucciarati the friend in question explained the whole event that led to that unfortunate incident.

You see, you were closely affiliated to the gangsters in the area especially with Bruno Bucciarati whom you treated more like a brother. He knew you way back in the slums when you were still younger and the two of you shared a bond akin to family. With all his networks that was free for you to use, digging up cases like this wasn't hard.

"Thank you Bruno. Come hang out in my pub when you find time. Don't you miss me?" Joking at the end part, you chuckled at your own teasing and felt happier when he laughed on the other end too.

The following dialogues circulated around each other's welfare and the vicissitudes of daily life. Your relation with him was also part of the reason why you had the courage to put up liquor business, after all, you were safely protected and no one would dare to mess with you.

Abbacchio woke up with a familiar hangover that caused a terrible ache between his brows and an uncomfortable throb in his temples. Shifting on the surface he was on, he realized that the supposed to be cold and dirty hard ground he thought he would be had been replaced by something warm and citrus scented softness he was foreign with. Getting alarmed, his eyes parted open as he abruptly sat on the bed and saw the room spun in his vision.

He instinctively covered his mouth and labored his breathing to ease the uprising nausea he felt. Then his sharp eyes scanned the medium sized room, noting that a thick curtain was draped leaving the room in a dim manner. The place was unfamiliar and the fragments of his foggy memory helped him somehow recall that a woman tried to drag him up. She even talked to him but he could no longer remember what really transpired. 'So I didn't dream that.'

Pondering who was the meddlesome person who took him away, his ears caught the soft giggles outside the open door of the room. '𝐔𝐧𝐚 𝐃𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐚?' (A woman?) Turned out, the unknown woman was on the telephone immersed in a lively conversation with someone else. 'Is it her lover?' He didn't know why but it unnerved him, his chest tightened for no apparent reason so he involuntary tried to loosen his coat yet only skin met his touch.

Dipping down his head, he was now aware that he was on a state of undressed. '𝐂𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐨𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐠𝐢𝐨' (How bold). Bringing a guy home while speaking without guilt with her lover.' You were unaware that he had already jumped unto assumptions or you would've smacked him for treating you so low. He then heard your soft voice saying "goodbye and I miss you."

There must be a catch behind your gestures and he was determined to interrogate you out of it. Maybe you were sent by some people he made an enemy while he was still on commission. Hence, in light fluid steps, he pressed his back on the wall adjacent to the door preparing an ambush.

Meanwhile, however, you naively walked back to your room to check if he had awaken. Upon seeing your vacant bed from the open door, you immediately hastened your pace. You yelped from fright when a sudden force pulled you and painfully slammed your back against the wall.

Abbacchio caught each of your thinner wrists in one large hand, his face inches away from yours as he narrowed his suspicious gaze on you. "𝑪𝒉𝒊 𝒔𝒆𝒊?! (Who are you?) Why did you kidnap me? Who's backing you up?" Pushing questions after another, you blinked in initial shock. After comprehending his words, annoyance flared up from chest.

'And now I'm tagged as a kidnapper? What kind of kidnapper would be in hostage instead?' Brandishing a sarcastic smile, you slightly bent back your head and clashed it straight to his forehead without hesitation the same time you kicked his shin. "𝑺𝒑𝒆𝒈𝒏𝒆𝒓𝒍𝒐!" (Shut it!). Abbacchio got taken aback and fell down from the impact. He had been enduring a headache but your headbutt nailed his predicament.