𝕭𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐨 𝐗 𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐝𝐞𝐫 (𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐈) ꨄ︎

Slipping into a comfortable loose silky nightdress, you softly stared at the protruding bump on your belly. You were on your 5th month and your palm gently rubbed your tummy. Yawning drowsily, you glanced at the clock and noted it was about time to sleep. The sunflowers by on your nightstand raised their heads despite the skowly withering petals. Flowers who used to be given to you by your husband. 'When are you coming back?'

Crawling on the soft mattress, you resigned to sleep but even though you felt physically weary, your mind still strayed to the missing person who left you without much words. 'Bucciarati, I hate you.' You felt wronged being left behind while nursing yourself all alone with twins coming along.

The bed's heat no longer felt warm enough the more you thought of his absence. It wasn't a cold night but you shivered and curled into a little ball to keep any remnants of warmth in your body. Then you felt the babies kick causing the side of your lips to pull upward. 'Thank you my sunshines. Mommy's not sad anymore.'

In calm rhythms of your thumping heart, you slowly slipped away to a slumber. Not knowing that in that same night, your bedroom's door creaked open and someone silently approached the bed where your unguarded figure laid. The bed dipped from the weight as the cold space by your side was occupied. In turn, your body instinctively recognized the new source of heat, a contented sigh escaping your lips. A strong arm snaked around your waist resting to your belly as the man pulled your back to his hard chest. '(Y/n) I'm back.'

You used to wake up early after being restless and uncomfortable at dawn but that morning, it felt strangely comfortable, something warm was even on your tummy. The growing smile you had on your sleepy face froze upon this finding, there was also something hard and warm behind you. Your eyes widened as your heart pounded against your chest. 'A man?' The identity of the person beside you need not further questioning, Bucciarati had returned.

Happiness swelled from your chest though the memories of fending yourself all alone without him pushed it back down, your brows knitting together. 'You got the guts to sleep beside me? Am I a puppy you can abandon and retrieve?' Lifting your limpid hand, you found his forearm and quickly pinched his skin the hardest you could. The result was quick, the man behind you jolted awake along with a painful grunt.

Craning your neck to his side, your dewy (E/y) eyes met his electric blues that looked rather calm after your abrupt assault. "Did I hug you too tight?" He asked in the same manly softness he used everytime he talked to you. This voice, you missed it, missed it too much. Although you felt aggrieved, you couldn't stop the joy that brimmed your heart. Your (E/y) eyes glistened from the coming onslaught of tears, a drop fell then another, soon fat drops rolled down to your temples while you cried without care. Bucciarati who got woken up from a pinch then met with your unprecedented tears felt lost and rose up in panic alternately shifting his worried gaze from your face to your pregnant belly.

"(Y/n) where does it hurt? Bambino, What's wrong?" He was really anxious that his prior calmness vanished into nothingness. Your throat constricted and felt dry from your incessant crying. Between hiccups and sobs, you slurred out, "I th-thought yo-you've for-forgotten m-me yo-you jerk!"

A smile painted his frown upon your words. He completely missed the jerk or he thought he well deserved the name-calling because his next actions were nothing but gentle which rapidly melted your heart.

In swift motion, he had lifted you and transferred you on his thighs as he cradled you lovingly in his strong arms. Your head automatically buried to his tattooed chest as you sniffled from the cry and discretely smelled him. His thumb brushed away the tears and frequently combed your messy (H/c) hair calming you down. "I won't ever abandon you and the kids.Tienilo a mente. (Keep that in mind)" As he spoke in his deep baritone, his hand gently rubbed your womb then to his and your surprise, the babies kicked as if they heard what he said. "I'm home."

"I still don't forgive you. You're not that lucky." Despite your cold declaration, the small smile you had on contradicted it. Freeing yourself from his embrace, you pushed his chest away and nudged him to get off the bed. Bucciarati submitted right away and got off without complaints.

"I don't want to repeat this again especially if the children are born. You can't --" Momentarily stopping, you arduously regained your balance as you stood up on the bed above your husband. He on the other hand, quickly held out his hand for you to hold so you won't have much difficulty.

"You can't go missing that long without communication." Pointing your index down to him, he immediately bobbed his head to comply right away just to get you down immediately. "I have been very lonely, you have to make up to me." He answered with a yes from down below.

"Promise me that you would do your part as a good husband and a father. This doesn't only cover the financial part but what I meant is your fatherly love. Got it?" There was no need to tell him those, he won't be like his mother who abandoned her family. Bucciarati knew how bad it felt to be left so he promised to himself that it wouldn't happen again, not in his family.

He looked up to your domineering stance, with a hand on your hip and finger on him and thought you looked adorable. You were pretty despite your pregnancy, it made you blooming if not more. The silky strap of your nightdress had slid down and teasingly showed your round shoulders, the deep neckline displayed your slender clavicles and your puffy (E/y) eyes looked cute while narrowing down at him, your bow shaped lips were a bewitching pair that parted in each word you uttered.

You were oblivious where his thoughts had gone astray and only judged by his earnest expression that he listened and understood your words. Letting go a long sigh, you felt better after clearing up the matter to him. Then carefully, you bent your knees trying to sit back down and your husband hurriedly approached in assistance as you sat at the bed's edge.

After just those few moves, you felt tired and rubbed your big tummy. "What do you want to eat?" Bucciarati inquired after glancing at the wall clock. "Coffee and pancakes with maple syrup." He stared at you for the longest time you felt, impatience rising up your chest. Sighing at your stubborn indifference, he criticized, "You can't drink coffee, Bambino."

You harrumphed at his preach and rolled your eyeballs. Lifting your feet, you wiggled your toes to him and he patiently went down on his knee and put your slippers on for you. He then held your hand to his and brought you to the kitchen. The pancakes were made in a flash and set down before you while he stirred the glass with milk instead of coffee.

Bucciarati noticed your immobile form as you glared his way. "I am craving coffee. The babies like its aroma and taste, they don't feel happy too." You stabbed the pancake and bit it then added. "I can't control it. It's a pregnancy thing."

"𝙄𝙤 𝙑𝙚𝙙𝙤.( I see) " He answered as he placed down the milk beside your plate. He then took another cup and poured coffee powder in it. When he added the hot water, the unique aroma of the coffee whiffed to your nose making you swallow, your eyes glued to it the whole time. "I can stir it." Your hand extended only to grab air when he swiftly moved it away.

"You're drinking by yourself and not for me?" Your tone turning a higher octave as you indignantly exclaimed. He didn't respond and just took the cup's rim to his mouth and gulped its content. Even lightly gurgling it in his mouth before swallowing it, and to you, it seemed like he was only making you more envious.

The fork you held dropped with a clank on the plate as you got up, as swiftly as you could with your stomach weighing you down. You were pissed off. "Now you can safely have your cravings." Stopping in your step, you turned back around unable to comprehend his statement.

He already stood less than a foot away so you craned your neck up to meet his gentle blue eyes. His thumb brushed your bottom lip and dipped his lips to your mouth. You didn't know why he suddenly kissed you but when he parted your lips using his slick tongue and tangled it with yours, your eyes expanded upon realization.

'He tastes like coffee!'

Smiling against his lips, you were certain that he really loved you. You never thought he could come up with this and pacify you with a kiss. Reluctantly, you freed his mouth, grinning sheepishly, you whispered. "You have to drink at night too."