"No thanks I'm good." Vanessa said
" sorry, habit." I said
"She's your partner, have you spoken to her?" Rojas asked
" tried calling her but her phone was probably taken away." I said and they nodded.

At the scene..

Hank filled us in and Adam came up to me.
"She hasn't spoken to anyone. Most likely doesn't want to talk to me about this." He said and I nodded and walked over to her.
"Hey, Kim, you know you don't have to be here. No one expects you to be. We've got this one." I said.
"I want to be here, Jay. I need to be. Kinda feel useless not doing anything."

"Maybe talk to someone? Any of us, me even

"Maybe talk to someone? Any of us, me even. We're here for you. I'm here for you."

" I know, thank you

" I know, thank you." She said and I just gave her a sympathetic smile as we got to work on the scene.

We went back to the district and Hank was outside.
"Hey, anything?" He asked
"Everything got ran to the labs. Just waiting to hear." I said.
"I thought she lost the address to this place." Hank mumbled
" what? Who?" I asked confused.

I turned around to see her

I turned around to see her. Brooke.
"What do you want to do?" Hank asked me.
"Hey. Can we talk?" Brooke asked.
"Interview room." I said and she went to go in our entrance and Hank stopped her.
"You don't work here anymore. Go through the front door. Platt will show you up." He said
"Right." She said and walked away.
"You sure about this?" Hank asked
"No." I said and walked in. I went upstairs.
"Was that...?" Adam started
"Are you okay?" Kim asked
"When did she...?" Kevin started
" yes and I don't know and I don't know she just showed up." I said and walked into the room.
"I know you must have a million questions and want to scream." She started
"Those are just a few things." There was a pause "what are you doing here?" I asked
" Jay, I don't know how to say I'm sorry. I just feel like I owe you an explanation. I was hurt. I didn't know how to go through life. Didn't know who to turn to. Didn't have anyone to turn to..." she started and I cut her off.