Part ⛧ Three

Am I just living an illusion, a dream
This can't be real anymore

The darkness creeps in once again
I'm all alone now, no turning back

A cut to the wrist to shield me
From you taking my heart with you

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚ ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Hyunjoon P.O.V

The silence envelopes me yet again. All I can hear is the shrill ringing in my ears. I come back to reality and hear my phone buzzing, making its way across the floor with every vibration.

"Mom" the contact reads. I stare at the lit up screen for a moment before reaching to grab my phone, my hand trembling.

"Hyunjoon? Hyunjoon are you there? I've called you a hundred times! Are you alright? Minji told me she was leaving. Son? Hyunjoon?" she calls.

I can't bring myself to answer her. I'm too heart broken and can't form any words to say. After a long silence, I hear the phone beep and drop it to the ground once again.

The last thing I remember before I black out is my phone going off again.

~ Time Skip ~

As I wake up, I have a splitting headache. But I'm not in my house where I remember passing out. It seems like I'm in a bed.

I sit up slowly and look around, only to realize I'm at my parents house. I bring my hand up to my forehead to rake my hair out of my face.

After a few minutes, I see my mom walking into the room with a tray of food. "Oh good, you're awake now." she says. She walks over to the table beside the bed and takes away an old tray to replace it with the new.

"You've been asleep since yesterday. You had a high fever and you're majorly dehydrated. Here, drink this." she says, giving me a glass.

I take it from her hands and bring it up to my face. It's only then do I realize how dry my throat is and chapped my lips are. I bring the glass to my lips and gulp some on the liquid down.

The taste of the liquid makes me gag and put the glass down. "Ugh, what was that?" I asked in disgust. My mom just chuckles. "Liquor and raw honey mixed with a secret family ingredient. Don't worry too much about it. It'll ease your headache and break the fever." she answered.

I wipe the mixing off of my lips and look up at her. She's tidying up the room, dusting here and there. She's still the same short sweet lady I remembered. Tears stream down my face and she comes over to wipe it away with her thumb.

"Don't worry my son. I will get you some help." she promises. I look up to her face and see that her eyes are sparkling, filled with love and passion. Before I know it, I'm hugging her and crying on her shoulder.

I know she warned me about going off while I was still so young. I thought I found the right girl for me, but she wasn't ready to mature and be serious. She's still such a child even if she's a year older than I am.

I feel my mom rubbing circles on my back to calm me down. The same way she used to do when I was a kid. I suddenly miss being a child. I miss falling asleep on the couch and my dad carry me to bed. I miss playing in the dirt with my friends. I miss climbing three. Playing hide-and-seek. Coloring in cartoon coloring books. I miss it all.

It feels good to finally be back in my mother's arms. The first and only woman I know for a fact that loves me and always will.