Poison (Prinxiety)

Warnings: Angst, blood, poison, crying, coughing, death, suicide

AU

Virgil works for Janus because of a deal. Janus is a demon. Virgil made a deal with him to save his father from dying, so now he belongs to Janus.

Virgil still lives a normal life, though, and spends a lot of time around his crush, Roman. He wants to tell Roman he loves him, but he's too afraid.

"Virgil." Janus says one day, stopping him on his way back from the store. "Yes, sir?" he asks. "I need you to poison someone for me. They're getting in the way of my work." Janus says, handing Virgil a small vial.
Virgil took it. "Who am I poisoning?" he asks with a sigh. "Roman Prince." Janus says, making Virgil drop his groceries.

"No. No, Janus please no! I-I'll do anything else I swear! Don't make me poison him!!" Virgil pleads, starting to cry. Janus grabbed him by the hoodie. "You will obey me. As long as you shall live, you belong to me! So unless you want your father to die, you WILL poison Roman Prince!" he says, teleporting him to Roman's front door. "Now do it." he says before disappearing.

Virgil hiccuped and wiped away his tears before knocking. "Virgil! Hello! Come in!" Roman says. Virgil walked in. "You alright? You look like you were crying.." Roman says with worry.
"Y-yeah, I'm fine... I just need a drink... Y-you want something..?" Virgil asks. "Sure! Just water will be fine, I'll be in the living room." Roman says, smiling and walking to the living room.

Virgil grabbed 2 cups, tearing up a little. He filled both with water, pulling out the vial. "As long as I live, huh... Then I guess I won't live anymore." he whispered, pouring half into Roman's cup and half into his own.
He walked to the living room, handing Roman a cup. Roman smiles and took it, thanking him. Roman took a drink, and immediately Virgil started crying.

"I'm so sorry... I'm so, so sorry.." he says. "Virge, what's wro-" Roman was cut off by coughing, trying again. "What-" again, he started coughing. Violently.
When he coughed up quite a bit of blood, that's when he knew. "V-virgil.. Wh-what did you p-put in my drink..?" he asks, looking at Virgil before coughing more.

"Not yours, Ro... Ours..." Virgil says, drinking his own. All of it. He gagged a little, a stream of blood coming from the side of his mouth.
Roman's eyes widened a little as he dropped to the floor. "Virgil, why would you poison yourself?" he asks in a strained voice, coughing up an alarming amount of blood onto the carpet.

Virgil laughs sadly, more blood coming out of his mouth. "You thi-nk I could l-ive with m-myself after pois-oning the one I l-lo-ve?" He asks, tears running down his cheeks.
Roman wanted to respond, but he couldn't breathe. He put his hands to his neck as Virgil weakly crawls up to him. He kisses Roman before falling limp and collapsing to the floor. Roman teared up a little, eyes falling shut not long after.

About an hour later, Remus got home from work. He walked into the living room and gasped. "Roman?!" He went up to both of them, examining them.
Neither one was breathing, and their mouths and the carpet were soaked with blood.

Remus worked with murder scenes, so he immediately investigated. He saw the cups, both sitting on the floor tipped over. He went to the kitchen where Virgil had left the vial.
Remus saw it and picked it up. "Poison.. What an awful way to go.." he muttered. He grabbed his walkie talkie and contacted his team.

A little while later, the investigators showed up. One of them asked Remus what he thought happened.
"A murder-suicide. Poison for both." Remus answers, finally letting himself cry a little. "Remus, why don't you take a breather.." his coworker said, knowing Roman was his brother.

Remus nods a little, stepping outside. His brother is dead. How was he supposed to cope with that?