I went on the date with Amelia, it was terrible. Like really, really bad, never have I ever went on a date that was that shitty. She talked about herself the whole time. I didn't get a single word in, and made sure to wrap it up without desert. She tried to come home with me until I dropped the 'I'm 28, recently divorced, have three kids, and live with my parents' she was quick to come up with something to go back to her place, thank god, and knew I wasn't going there.

"Hey! Are you going to Jordan's?" Eyes wide I turned to look at my Mom who snuck up on me.

"Yes?" I answered confused.

"Kayle is supposed to be there, she's dropping the kids off and heading over." I nodded my head. "What is going on with you and Dylan? You've been here, she hasn't been."

"I don't want to talk about it."

"You know you're stupid to not see what is right in front of you, right?" I looked at her a little shocked. "What? I'm not allowed to tell you straight anymore?"

"I uh, you snuck up on me!"

"You've been avoiding your Dad and I!" She threw her arms up slightly.

"Fair point." I shrugged she was right.

"Is she going to be there tonight?"

"I don't know, she's been ignoring me."

"Probably because of that date you went on last night?" I shrugged. "Uh, boys you are so stupid." She pulled out her phone, scrolled for a minute, and tapped call, then shoved the phone against my chest. "Fix it." I grabbed the phone and looked at it calling Dylan. Shit.

"Hey Momma!" Her beautiful voice came through the phone, even though I could still hear the pain. My chest tightened and I couldn't help but smile. I cleared my throat.

"Dyl." Her name barely came out as a whisper. Silence filled the other end of the phone. "Please talk to me. I miss you." Still silence. "I'm leaving my house now, heading to yours on the bike. I need my Bonnie." I let out a small laugh.

"You want me to ride bitch?" My entire body relaxed hearing her soft voice.

"My main one, always." I heard a small laugh. "I'll be there in 5." The phone beeped because she hung up. I walked into the kitchen and set Mom's phone down on the counter.

"So?" I shrugged.

"She answered, she spoke, she hung up."

"Go get the girl you're in love with stupid." I blinked a few times.

"What did you just say?" I pushed those feelings aside that I had thought I had for Dylan so many years ago.

"Cole, your Dad and I both have known for some time that you and Dylan have been in love with one another, enough with the theatrics, y'all are best friends, so are your Dad and I. Now, you're both single for a reason. Don't fuck it up." She smiled.

"I don't want to ruin what her and I do have."

"You going on dates with other women is going to ruin what you two have. Not exploring the fire that is between the two of you is definitely going to ruin what the two of you have."

"It's never been a problem before."

"Stop being an idiot and think back. It's always been a problem. Any time the two of you didn't speak, was when you went on a date." My Mom pointed her wine glass at me before taking a sip. "So, go get ya girl." With that she walked away.

I let out a small laugh realizing how right she was and ran out, got geared up, and took off on the bike to Dylan's. I flew in her driveway hot, and came to a stop with a skid of my back tire. Threw the kickstand down, shut off the bike and got my helmet off faster than I ever have before, putting it on my passenger peg quickly. I hit the garage code and ran into the house on a mission. Dylan ended up meeting me unsuspectingly in the living room. She was looking down at her phone but looked up when she heard my footsteps.

"I was on my way out..." She pointed. I let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding.

"Good." I closed the gap between us, took her cheeks in my hands and lowered my lips to hers. Her phone dropped to the floor and her arms flew around my neck. I moved my hands down to her ass and lifted her while she wrapped her legs around my waist. I lightly pressed her up against the wall that was next to us when she opened her mouth allowing me to explore what I've only dreamt of.

I slowed the kiss down, my dick so hard and painfully pressing against my jeans. My heart hammering against my chest. I broke us apart and put my forehead against hers trying to catch my breath as I breathed heavily through my nose.

"What uhm, what was that?" She asked breathless. I let out a small laugh.

"Something I want to do a lot more of." She let out a giggle. I backed my face away from hers so I could see her. "I can't lose you."

"I'm right here." She bit her lip. I let out a shaky breath.

"I suck at this."

"I don't know, you didn't suck at that." We both laughed.

"I've wanted to do that, since you were like 15." Her eyes went wide as saucers. "You were my sisters' best friend, and I couldn't do that to her. After she left, it just didn't feel right to go behind her back."

"What makes now different?"

"You and I are closer than you and her." I shrugged. "You're my best friend Dylan, I can't lose you." She leaned forward and lightly pressed her lips against mine.

"I'm not going anywhere." I pressed into her unintentionally and her eyes went wide. "From a kiss Cole!" She let out a laugh and covered her mouth. I just looked at her not impressed with her antics at the moment. "Jesus, like a teenager my gosh!"

"You done?"

"I mean probably not; I can totally poke fun at you about this all night for sure." I pushed into her intentionally this time, and heard her breath catch. I smirked even though my eyes rolled back from the contact.

"You done?"

"Damnit." She pulled my lips back to hers and besides grinding into her periodically we didn't move much as we explored one another's mouths.

"Well, I should have known there was something going on between the two of you. To think, I had a great time last night." I stopped moving the second I heard Amelia speak. I backed my face away from Dylan and looked at her wide-eyed. "Really shady Cole, and thanks for lying to me Dylan. I thought we were friends." She stomped up the stairs, and both Dylan and I burst out in hushed laughter. She tapped my shoulder.

"Put me down."

"I don't wanna." She bit her lip, so I leaned in and nipped at it. "Damnit, I've wanted to do that so much over the years."