~Chapter 1~

Wendy p.o.v

Wendy...

Oh, Wendy...

Go away!

Are you running from me...?

Don't run from me...

Please... Wendy...

I said go away!

Wendy...!

Shit! A dead end!

Never run from me again...

Promise me, Wendy...

No!

Wendy...

Hey... Wendy...

NO!

"Hey Wendy! Wake up!" the owner of the sarcastic voice from above spoke as they set the plastic cup atop the table in front of me. The owner of the voice sat down in front of me, sighing "Man... Sleeping on the job? You must be sleep-deprived."

"And who's fault was that?" I asked in a serious tone.

"Your wife." Yeri, my friend and partner, answered with a joke. I rolled my eyes in response as she cackled "I'm kidding! It's Sooyoung's puppy, right?"

I sighed heavily "Yeah, she kept barking at the window like she's been doing for the past week. We even tried to comfort her every night. I asked Sooyoung if Haetnim has done that before."

"What did she say?" Yeri asked.

"Well, she said that Haetnim sometimes does that when she senses something off." I answered before taking a sip of my coffee.

"How off?"

"Like... An unwanted visitor or something." I took another sip.

"Damn... Maybe you do have an unwanted visitor." Yeri joked again as she let out a sarcastic laugh.

I glared at Yeri "Very funny."

"I was trying to lighten up the mood." Yeri drank her boba tea before she took out her pocket mirror to reapply her lip-gloss. As I checked my watch to look at the time, Yeri made a comment "Oh, the sus is here."

My face scrunched up in confusion "Sus?" Yeri nodded to the direction of the supposed suspect who was walking toward our way, "You know what you're doing right?"

"You know it!" Yeri said with absolute confidence as she put her pocket mirror and her lip-gloss back into her bag, sounding slightly offended that I 'doubted' her. I made my move and went to the trash bin to dispose the plastic cup.

As the suspect drew near, Yeri put her bag down just as the suspect tripped over it.

And that's when Miss Katy Kim, Yeri's acting persona, comes out to shine.

"Oh my God, I'm so sorry!" Yeri apologised in an exaggerated way "I should've been more careful! I do hope you're ok!"

"No, it's fine don't worry about it." Namjoon replied in a calm and relaxed tone.

I stifled a giggle at scene that was happening in front of me. Not because of the acting, but because I know Yeri was dying from cringe on the inside while also knowing that she secretly loves being Katy Kim.

It was now my turn to make the next move, so I stealthily walked behind the suspect, crouched down and hand-cuffed him. I whispered in his ear "You better listen to this very carefully now. We're going exit the coffee shop like nothing happened here, so we don't disturb the customers' peace."