|14| 𝙷𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙱𝚎𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚍 ✔︎

Start from the beginning

When she heard the door shut  Harper made her way towards Rachel. She was standing by the window, a letter in hand as tears flooded her eyes. Her hand shook as betrayal clutched her heart.

" You want coffee?" Harper questioned as she made her way to the kitchen. She froze when Rachel let out a soft whimper, her hand gripping the piece of parchment with anger and hurt. " Rachel?" Harper called as she made her way towards the teen. Something was clearly wrong.

" Did you know?" She accused, turning to the brunette, her eyes filled with poignancy as she looked into the eyes that had felt so comforting to the girl.

" What are you talking about?" Harper questioned, confused by the betrayal laced in the girl's voice. Rachel's hands shook as fury burned in her eyes. She felt the darkness wrap its tendrils around her as it whispered callings into her ear. Harper reached out, her brows furrowed in confusion as Rachel trembled slightly.

" You were going to leave me, after you promised!" She yelled shoving the letter into her chest. Harper  looked down at the crinkled piece of paper before looking up at Rachel who had her arms wrapped around herself for protection. Harper parted her lips to say something, anything, but fell short as her eyes darted over the words on the page. Her body tensed as she became furious after each word written down in his elegant handwriting. Being pissed at Dick was an understatement.

Harper sighed before looking at Rachel. She carefully made her way to the girl whose tears stained her pale complexion. This look was something Harper never wanted to see on Rachel's face ever again

" I didn't know Rachel. I swear. I didn't know he was going to do this."She said as she laid her hand on Rachel's arm, her voice pleading for the girl to understand that she was unaware of his actions. Rachel flinched but didn't push her away.

" Even if he did, I wouldn't have let that happen. I said I wasn't going to leave you and I'm not Rachel. Dick's just...confused. He's never had to deal with something like this. I promise no one is leaving you. I will never leave you"

Rachel met her sincere gaze, trying to find any lie in her words. When she couldn't, Rachel sniffled before averting her eyes to the floor." I'll be on the roof." She mumbled before leaving the brunette. 

" Take your time." Harper whispered as she watched the young girl's figure disappear. Harper blew a breath before tightening her grip on the paper. Dick would be in for a surprise when he returned.

The door opened with Dick, Hank and Dawn's voices filling her ears as they  walked in. " Hey, where's Rachel?" Dick asked seeing the brunette sitting on the couch. Her leg bounced with anticipation as she glared at the floor beneath his feet.  " On the roof" was her response. " What happened?" He questioned, worried by the lack of response he got from her.