Chapter 9 (Safe Haven)

Mina

Chaeyoung texted me to wait for him at the cafe where we usually go, he said that I should wear nice clothes a dress as possible. Why would I need to wear a dress it's just an ordinary cafe. I don't want to get the attention of anyone so I decided to wear jeans and a white v-neck t-shirt instead.

My father decided to bring me to the cafe since his route from the hospital is almost the same. When we arrived there I bid goodbye to my father and I'm staring at him until he disappears from my sight.

Someone taps me from my shoulder and to my surprise, it was "Jeongyeon! " I uttered in surprise "What are you doing here?" I asked him nervously, he said that Chaeyoung asked him to meet him in the cafe. However, it seems that Chaeyoung set us up into a blind date.

That idiot! He didn't even say that I will be meeting Yoo Jeongyeon! I will make him pay after this.

"Well, I guess that he sets us up," Jeongyeon shyly said while scratching his nape and blushing. He can't stare directly into my eyes. I also can't utter any words because it is really awkward. If only Chaeyoung would be here then everything will be fine.

"By the way, I brought my car, it's in the parking lot. If you want you can join me for a stroll," he said but before that he asked me to have lunch with him in one of the famous classic restaurants here in the City. I am familiar with this place because almost every weekend we always eat here. That's why the waiter who serves the food for us greets me when he sees me.

"I didn't know that you are so friendly that even the waiters here are greeting you," he said with amusement in his eyes.

"Actually our family always eats here every weekend," I plainly said.

~~~~

They eat and talk about some random stuff, for Mina this is the best day of her life being next to someone she really likes. For her, she still can't believe that she is with Jeongyeon right now. For her, this is an impossible dream that she thought will never happen but because of Chaeyoung, it came true. That's why she enjoyed every moment of being next with him.

Jeongyeon invited her to watch a movie after they eat and he suggested that there is a new Marvel movie that is now showing at the cinema. In the middle of the movie, Jeongyeon makes a move in which Mina jolt in his sudden movement. Jeonyeon holds her hand the whole time while they are watching the movie, after the movie they walked out in the cinema and Jeongyeon is still holding her hands.

Mina didn't oppose in his action, instead, she is enjoying it and for her, she still can't believe that this is happening to her. She even squeezes Jeongyeon's hand to know if she is in reality and she is not dreaming again which is Jeongyeon responded and squeezes it back. Not far away from their distance she saw a familiar figure, a guy wearing a cap, a black t-shirt and black pants this guy is looking at her then she recognize his face when the guy smiles at her with his deep dimple showing off on his face. When she realized that it was Chaeyoung, he gave Mina a hand signal to be quiet and don't tell to Jeongyeon that she saw him. Mina nodded in response and then Chaeng gave her a thumbs up before he leaves.

She suddenly misses Chaeyoung after he leaves but then Jeongyeon suddenly asked her where she wanted to go next?

Mina asked Jeongyeon to accompany her in the view deck in the park to watch the sunset, she is always dreaming to watch it with Jeongyeon. They both enjoying the view and when the sun is not present in the sky they saw the city lights illuminating the sky.

"Mina, thank you for accompanying me for today," Jeongyeon said while rubbing her thumbs to Mina's hand.

"I should be the one to thank you for accompanying me," Mina shyly said to Jeongyeon.