I sighed and went to pick up all the bags that she had dropped in the middle of the living room.

"Daksha, did you guys go shopping.?" Mom asked her.

"Yeah, Attayya. I didn't buy anything for Ammu and you until now. Since we were free, we both went to buy some sarees and dresses for you and Ammu," she said to Mom who grinned at her in delight.

"Really? Silly child. You don't need to do all these things but I am really happy with your gesture," Mom said and Daksha smiled at her.

After that, she turned to me and gestured for me to join her. I didn't obey and stood stubbornly.

"Hey, come here. I want to show her everything that I bought," she ordered me and I raised my eyebrows at her meaningfully.

"This boy has become deaf too. Arjun, come here." Mom too joined her daughter-in-law.

I sighed and dumped all the bags on the couch. After that, I slumped beside those bags tiredly.

Daksha came to me and collected those bags. After that, she showed everything to Mom and Mom was listening to her with a gleeful smile on her face.

"Hope you like them," Daksha asked Mom in a cautious tone.

"Arey, when they are given by you, how can I not like them? In fact, I loved them. Ammu is sleeping. I will give her dresses to her tomorrow. You must be tired. Go and freshen up. Come when I call you for dinner," Mom said to Daksha and she gave her a smile after agreeing.

"Athayya, I am not hungry. I ate some food outside. So, don't worry about me. You can rest early. Good night," she said and went upstairs to our room.

After she left, I turned to my Mom and asked her.

"Done pampering your daughter-in-law? If you don't know, I am also hungry here as I didn't eat much outside." I grimaced at her and she smiled warmly at me.

"Aww…is my Ajju asking me to feed him personally?" she teased me and I scoffed in return.

"I didn't ask you to feed me, okay?" I told her.

"Okay, wait here." Saying this, she left for the kitchen and came with a plate full of Rotis with curry immediately.

After that, she sat beside me and brought a piece of roti in front of my mouth which I avoided.

"Maa, I can eat it on my own. Give it to me. It's getting late. You go and sleep." I told their and was about to take the plate from her but she slapped my hand away.

"Be quiet and eat it like a good boy. It's not like I will feed you every day, right? Nobody is here. So, you don't need to feel embarrassed."

Saying this, she started feeding me with a content smile on her face and I too couldn't deny it anymore. So, I agreed with her and started eating.

"Ajju, do you remember when you were young you always insisted me to feed you every day and your dad used to scold you for behaving like a child? Thinking about it now, it's been so many years since I fed you with my own hands. Now, I am so happy to feed you again," she said with a forlorn look on her face while feeding me.

"Maa, I know it isn't enough to say a simple sorry for my previous behavior but I am trying hard to make it up to you. I realized the importance of relationships. You know, when you were in the hospital, Daksha was the one who made me realize my mistakes. I am so thankful to her. She is really good at heart. I am glad that she became my life partner," I told her with a smile.

After finishing feeding me, she kept that plate aside and caressed my cheek with her other hand.

"I am glad too. Now, will you agree mothers are always right?" she asked with a teasing smile.