Chapter 27: This Is Our Song

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go for the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 27: This Is Our Song

This is our song
that’s all that matters cause
we all belong right here together
There’s nothing better
than singing along.

“I will warn you this might be awkward at first,” Max told me, “because I’ve never spoke to Nicole before. We don’t have the same friends.”

“That’s okay. It’ll still go well. This means a lot to Anna which means it also means a lot to me. Anna needs to figure out these feelings she’s having and she’ll just over think it if she goes alone. I certainly couldn’t ask anyone else to go with me, could I?”

He smiled, “You have a point.”

“So you’ll still do it?”

“I’m already here aren’t I?”

“Thank you.”

“I’m only doing it for you though, just so that’s clear. I know how much Anna means to you. You’ve been through a lot together.”

“Yeah we have.”

“Now until they get here, how did therapy and group go?”

“I was surprised I didn’t see you at group.”

“I had this event for school to go to. I’m going next week. What’d you think of it?”

“Therapy was good. I really like her. She’s still getting to know what I’ve gone through but we were able to get into a few deeper things before the session ended. Anna went with me to group and I loved it. It reminded me of all those groups meetings in rehab and in the sober living house. A few were surprised to see me there, but I like that there’s a promise that everything in that room is confidential. For the most part they treated me like a normal person and I liked that. I’ll definitely start going regularly.”

“I’ll pick you up for next week’s then.”

“Good,” I smiled, “It works out too because they’re on different days than the AA meetings I sometimes go to with my aunt.”

“You go to AA meetings?” he asked.

“Not regularly but sometimes I do yeah. It’s a good reminder to me to stay sober from both alcohol and drugs.”

He put his arm around me, “We seem too young to have these problems but you’re incredible for sticking to it. You’re a fighter.”

“We both are,” I told him.

“Yeah,” he smiled.

Anna walked in after a couple knocks and came into the living room where Max and I were talking. Nicole stood next to her and she got a weird look on her face when Max and I stood up and she saw his face.

“Hey Nicole,” he waved to her.

“Oh… uh, hi.”

“Nice to meet you again Anna,” he hugged her.

“You too,” Anna replied, “I see you’re treating D right.”

He smiled, “Yes I am.”

“D, this is Nicole. Nicole, this is my best friend Demetria and her boyfriend Max.”