Chapter 19: Neon Lights

Demi Lovato Fan Fiction

Book 1: It Was A Mistake But I am Unbroken Now

Book 2: Here We Go Again When Two Worlds Collide

Book 3: Love is Loud Enough to Stop Hate

Book 4: That's How You Know to Believe in Me

Book 5: Let it Go For the Gift of a Friend

Chapter 19: Neon Lights

Be still my heart 'cause it's freaking out, it's freaking out, right now

Shining like stars 'cause we're beautiful, we're beautiful, right now

You're all I see in all these places

You're all I see in all these faces

So let's pretend we're running out of time, of time

Baby, when they look up at the sky

We'll be shooting stars just passing by.

“You’ve got this,” Aunt Demi told me, “and we’re all in the audience to support you.”

I hugged her, “Thank you Aunt Demi.”

“Good luck,” mom hugged me next.

Aunt Maria came up to me next with her headset and clipboard, “You’re on in a few minutes. I’m going out there now to introduce you.”

“Okay I’m coming.”

            I stood backstage and watched Aunt Maria hand over her headset and clipboard so she could get on stage to present me. She thought about asking someone else to introduce me, but thought it would be best if she did instead.

“I hope everyone is enjoying the show. I have just one more surprise for all of you in the world of fashion. I have accomplished a lot of things in the fashion world over the years and I have not collaborated with a lot of people to present new ideas to the younger generation. Never before have I collaborated with someone of the younger generation … until now. Presenting our brand new line, Danna, with the designer herself Demetria Montgomery; give her a big welcome! I have adored working with this young talent and I cannot wait to see what else she has in store for the fashion world. Here it is: Danna!”

            I took that as my cue and stepped on stage. There are a few other models in line behind me waiting to go, but Aunt Maria made sure I knew I had to take my time walking down the runway. For many people, it is the first time they are seeing me since my rehab stay. I wanted to jump up and down and scream in excitement because I’m finally modeling in a real fashion show. Of course I couldn’t do that. I had to keep a straight face and walk with attitude like all the other models. I looked over at my family when I got the chance before turning around and they were all smiling. Some were cheering and others, like my mom and Aunt Demi, had tears in their eyes. I rushed as soon as I stepped off stage into my next outfit. I changed into my second outfit and stepped back on stage. I heard clapping and cheering from my family before I was back stage again to change into my final outfit.

“Ready?” Aunt Maria asked me.

I nodded.

            I stepped on stage with Aunt Maria for my last run and we stopped at the end of the stage. “Thank you everyone for coming tonight!” she told the visitors. “Our new line is available today! Thank you for welcoming my new store to town so warmly and thank you Demetria Montgomery for your incredible talent and hard work on the new line. Friends and family really are everything. Goodnight!”