Chapter 12

Five days before the party, Jean Bart told what Commander Sieghart meant about the party and that he's bringing her with him which made Dunkerque smile and chuckle even a bit. So they're now going to the tailoring shop for her dress.

"Urgh..." Jean Bart seems allergic to this as they're now getting her dress actually ordered by Dunkerque weeks before Jean Bart even told her.

"Jean, for the sake of the whole Vichya Dominion's name, you should be presentable." Dunkerque said as the tailor gives the huge box containing Jean Bart's dress which is so embarrassing for her.

"Actually... I asked for the le commandant for this." Dunkerque thought as she remembered how she insisted Commander Sieghart pick for Jean Bart, and whatever the dress he picked it was very beautiful and fitting.

"Fine... Just this once." She said which made Dunkerque clap her hands.

"In that case, try this new dress of yours." Dunkerque said as she pushed Jean Bart to the dressing room.

After Jean Bart finished dressing up and showed herself in front of Dunkerque, it pleased her. Dunkerque seems to agree what Commander Sieghart chose for her and it is exactly what she envisioned.

"Le commandant, you will have more cakes from me for this." Dunkerque thought to give Commander Sieghart a reward after he picked a perfect dress for Jean without actually looking at the person but just by using imagination.

The day of the party, it was already evening. They're now at the ballroom where there are tons of officers and some with their ship girls came. It is a party of grandeur to the point everyone seems to like the air especially talking with their friends and different people. The time when Commander Sieghart came to the ballroom with Jean Bart, they seemed to steal the spotlight as they walked together. Of course, gossips everywhere after all he's the infamous "foolish beast" they know.

"Damn... Jean Bart looks so beautiful and hot! It seems Dunkerque really did it..." He thought and looked at Jean Bart as she's wearing a beautiful party dress although he should not make misunderstandings here.

"Good to see you infamous beast. Or should I say Commander Sieghart." A fellow commander greeted them and they both shook hands. This commander has grayish hair and has the insignia of a captain on his chest.

"Ah, if this isn't you Captain Willson. It's been a long time." Commander Sieghart greeted back and then he saw him with a girl that wears a beautiful blue dress.

"Ah, forgot to introduce. This is Helena, my secretary ship girl." Captain Willson introduced her as Helena and Commander Sieghart shook hands.

"A pleasure." He said then he introduced Jean to him, "This is Jean Bart, my secretary. She just transferred a few months back."

"Nice meeting you. Thanks for taking care of my colleague here." Captain Willson said as he shook hands with her.

"Oh, by the way, how were the others?" Commander Sieghart asked as they went along their way to get some drinks.

"Heh, you know, our friend named Lt. Lux seems to have interest in Dido, or they're dating." Commander Willson said and Commander Sieghart is so surprised with the news.

"Hold on, we both know Lux is a man who has no interest with the ladies..." He said which made Captain Willson laugh so hard.

"Yeah, he changed." He admitted that and made a cough to Sieghart's side. Unexpected development from their friend.

"By the way, any news from the higher ups?" Commander Sieghart asked this, making Captain Willson stop smiling.

"Apparently so. We got rumors that some of our men are working alongside the Sirens, still it's not yet sure, no proof yet." He said as he put down his drink.