Chapter 10

They're having a picnic, they're enjoying eating baked goods made by Dunkerque. Lexington sings a song and we're all listening while enjoying the moment. After Lexington finished singing got a round of applause.

"That was a nice song, Lexi-chan!" Hornet complimented as she made a thumbs up.

"Yeah, truly, good song." Laffey agreed as she ate her food.

"Yes, it's very wonderful." Dunkerque also agreed, then Lexington looked to Sieghart and he did agree to it also.

"Thank you, everyone." Lexington thanked her and she showed a face of happiness.

"Anyways, it's been a long time already, Enterprise, Yorktown and South Dakota here with us." Arizona said and she's very happy.

"Yeah, we've been out for quite a while." Enterprise agrees as she takes a drink.

"True, that's why we want to spend our break time with you all." Yorktown admitted.

"That's why for this day, it's only a rest day. In order to reciprocate ourselves from the fatigue." Sieghart said as he drank a cup of juice.

"Of course. It is only natural." South Dakota agreed as she took a bite to her food.

"So, what's your plan for later, Sieghart?" Hornet asked as she showed curiosity.

"I have a tea party around afternoon, invited by Illustrious." Sieghart answered as he took another sweets.

"Well... Of course... As expected... Haha..." Hornet suddenly got into a nervous laughter which is weird for him.

"Tea party huh... Then after that?" Jean Bart asked but she's not showing she's interested to know.

"Probably, evening, I might join you all at the mess hall. Depends." He answered casually and that made a spark of hope for the Eagle Union girls but that made Dunkerque and Jean Bart curious why they suddenly felt something on them.

"Ho? Aren't you worried about your surroundings? Things might get rowdy, ya know." Jean Bart asked as she was somewhat worried about the outcome.

"That was a surprise coming from you, Jean!" Hornet said she didn't expect Jean Bart would care about what might happen to the mess hall if Sieghart is there.

"It's only normal. Nothing implied." Jean Bart corrected her and Sieghart is just chuckling nervously since he knows what she's saying.

"Don't worry, Hornet. I'm sure, she's just worried about how she would normally close off a commander like me to be at mess hall with everyone." Sieghart explained as he eats another donut.

"In that case, we hope to see you there. Your presence greatly increases our morale." Yorktown said with a gentle smile as she heard that he will join them at the mess hall.

That made Sieghart blush a bit. They all noticed it.

"Or is it because there is someone there you fancy with?" Hornet dropped the bomb and that made everyone curious to the point they're now staring at him for an answer.

"N-Nothing! I just want to see all of you, that's all!" He answered as he tried to avert their stares.

"Here I thought, you have someone you like." Enterprise replied as she smiled relaxingly while drinking.

"Eh? I mean... Well..." He paused that made some of them to spark a linger of hope.

"Liking someone as a friend, right?" He straighten up to think they are on the same page but that made the ship girls get bombed with his denseness except for Vichya ship girls and South Dakota.