Chapter 8

It's been a week after the first actual battle of Commander Sieghart, he researched the Mirror Sea and the Sirens by himself by taking notes and asking about the ship girls' experiences. It helped a lot but that made him exhausted to the point he's completely blanked at work. Jintsuu sees this unproductivity to the point that she asks Newcastle to give him a lavish meal to lift his spirit.

"Sorry to ask for this Newcastle. But our commander is still not himself." She apologized and Newcastle just smiled and understood the situation.

"I do believe he needs a day off, after all, he worked very hard." Newcastle suggested which Jintsuu is thinking it will be a good idea.

"I think tomorrow is good, right? Very well, I'll let him rest." Jintsuu agreed to her advice.

Commander Sieghart is eating the meal that Newcastle prepared and it seems it's working. He finished the whole meal yet after that he fell asleep and fell on the floor and that made them shocked and worried. That made the office close early because the commander is unconscious and was brought to the infirmary to reciprocate.

"Err... He might take a while." Jintsuu said as she stood beside the infirmary office's door.

"Jintsuu, probably it's not the best time to overwork him. He got himself pretty badly during the last time." Sendai advised her as she stayed beside her.

"Sendai, did he actually do his role well this time?" She asked and Sendai nodded

"Yeah, but he became so aggressive later on." Sendai answered that Vestal goes out to the infirmary.

"He should be fine by evening, but tomorrow will be his rest day." Vestal said and Jintsuu nodded and took note of it.

At the mess hall, as usual ship girls are here to eat with their friends but this time Jean Bart alongside Dunkerque joined the Eagle Union's group for a chat.

"I didn't expect you to be so fired up during the last sortie! Thanks a lot!" Hornet complimented as she takes a bite to a donut.

"We're only doing our part, that's it." Jean Bart replied as she took a sip on her drink.

"You know, Laffey saw how you wrecked those Siren ships. It was amazing." Laffey complimented her as she drank a bottle of wine.

"L-Laffey, y-you're drinking too much!" Arizona is stopping Laffey for drinking the wine.

"You can certainly hold your alcohol, Laffey." Dunkerque said as she ate more food.

"Oh my, Dunkerque, your baked sweets are too good!" Hornet complimented as she grabbed more of the sweets.

"It's my hobby to bake some sweets for everyone." Dunkerque admitted and they're so surprised, Hornet clasped Dunkerque's hands together.

"Hey! Can you make some again?! Please?" Hornet asked as her eyes were glittering.

"O-Of course!" Dunkerque agreed which made Hornet happy then Lexington dropped by.

"What are you all talking about? It seems lively." Lexington asked as she sits beside Arizona then Jean Bart made a brief sigh

"About making sweets for next chat." Jean Bart answered as she sipped her drink that made Lexington curious as she took a donut baked by Dunkerque.

"Alright, mind if I take it." She said as she took a bite, and her eyes sparkled.

"Good luck accommodating all of your friends, Dunkerque." Jean nonchalantly said to Dunkerque which made her sigh in disbelief.

"Don't say that as if I'm going to lose myself." Dunkerque replied then they all enjoyed their own conversation.