✨Eighteenth Dream✨

Start from the beginning

"I'm just saying Tomioka-san doesn't threaten to put poison in my food. So naturally I like him more than you, someone who threatens to put poison in my food." you reasoned out to her, not realizing it was a rhetorical question.

Shinobu proceeded to grab a piece of rope from one of the Kakushi. "Let's tie her up after all! Forget about Kamado Tanjiro and Tomioka-san! (Y/n)-chan comes first!"

"Shinobu-chan! Please stop that." Mitsuri held the purple haired girl as she turned to you who was hiding behind Muichirou, your arms on his shoulders as you peeked your head out through the side. "None of us wants to end up falling asleep again."

"If you come near me with that rope then I'll make you and everyone here fall asleep." you threatened, your eyes calm as you looked at the Insect Pillar.

It sounds ridiculous but you've only recently learned that you could in fact use your haze to threaten them. It works especially well against Shinobu's threats.

"I wonder what (Y/n)-san means..." Tanjiro wondered, watching the scene unfold in front of his eyes. "Can see really make everyone fall asleep? Even the really tall one? What about the one on the tree?"

Shinobu sighed, handing the rope back to the Kakushi that was currently present. She knew you weren't lying and wouldn't hesitate to do that and nobody here wanted to experience that, especially since Kagaya was arriving any time now.

"Fine." turning her attention away from the (H/c) haired female who annoys her to a great extent, she turned to Tanjiro. "Let's hear your story."

Tanjiro opened his mouth only to let out a coughing fit as words refused to be formed. His jaw was pretty damaged after Kanao's kick.

"He should get some water first and foremost." Shinobu said, pulling out a container and kneeling near him. "Your chin is hurting so take your time and please tell me." she held the bottle near his mouth as he drank the water. "The water has a painkiller, so it'll ease the pain quite a bit. But it's not like it'll heal your injuries so be careful." she put the container away once he was done drinking.

"........My little sister was turned into a demon. But she has never eaten anyone before." he chose to say first, not really convincing any of the Pillars. "Up until now and from on. She will never hurt a living person."

"Don't spit out such stupid rash remarks so suddenly. For starters, of course she'd protect her family." Obanai pointed an accusatory finger to Tanjiro. "I can't trust anything you're saying, and I certainly won't trust them." he hissed at Tanjiro, his hate for demons justified.

"Ahhhh, you're obsessed with the demon. Let's kill the pitiful child quickly and release him from his suffering." Gyoumei proposed, a few of the Pillars agreeing with him.

"Please listen!" he begged. "I became a swordsman to cure Nezuko! It's almost been two years since she became a demon and she hasn't eaten anyone yet!" he protested.

Though the Pillars present are undeniably strong, they don't have Tanjiro's super sense of smell which makes it impossible for them to tell whether or not she has eaten a human.

"Your story is just going in circles. She hasn't eaten people and she won't eat people from now on. Don't just give us lip service, give us a more flamboyant explanation." Tengen demanded, displeased on how this story lacked any flamboyantly flamboyant details.

"What kind of bird is that?" Muichirou wondered as he stared at the figure flying above them. Not knowing, he turned to you, tugging the side of your uniform becuase yiu were busy watching.

"Yeah?" you hummed, turning your head to Muichirou who pointed towards the sky.

"Do you know what kind of bird that one is?" he asked.