26

"Ava, I am so sorry. I had no idea," Alexander said as he sat at his desk running his fingers through his hair. He had looked over the suit many times.

"It's okay," I said and wrapped my fingers around the mug of hot chocolate.

"It's still early days, I am sure all the flaws will be fixed," Arthur said.

"If not you're here to save me," I said leaning over and pecked Arthurs's lips.

"Have you got marshmallows in that?" he asked and licked his lips.

"Of course," I giggled.

"You're going to turn into a marshmallow one day," he chuckled and patted my knee.

"No I won't," I said and placed my mug down onto the table.

"That's what you think," Arthur chuckled.

"Could you both please focus!" Alexander exclaimed.

"Sorry," we both said. Suddenly my phone began to buzz, I pulled it out of my pocket and shot up from my chair.

"No! No! No!" I threw the phone to the floor and paced up and down.

"Ava?" Arthur asked and stood in my path.

"It's George," I said and looked up at him.

"If you tell me that he has stolen the shards we need to leave now," Arthur said. I didn't say anymore. "We'll be back." We both ran out of the lab and raced back home. As soon as we tore up the drive I dismounted the motorcycle before Arthur could stop, I ran down to the basement and found my safe wide open, I collapsed to my knees and just stared into the empty safe.

"You're an idiot Ava. I knew I couldn't trust him!" I exclaimed and turned to face Arthur. He looked very angry.

"I knew we should have taken them somewhere else, but you insisted they would be safe here," he growled. I raced up from my knees.

"You're really blaming me!" I growled.

"You said he wouldn't find them here!" He snarled.

"I didn't think he would," I replied storming past him and out into the front garden, thunder rumbled loudly above us and the rain poured from the sky. It soaked us both, Arthur said nothing and stormed past me knocking his shoulder with mine. "Where are you going?" He still didn't answer me and took off on the motorcycle leaving me in the rain. When Arthur was out of sight I heard footsteps behind me.

I turned and there stood George with two Atlantean soldiers, one held the bag with the shards in. "You're all mine," he said, grabbing my arm and dragged me back into the house. He threw me onto the floor of the garage.

"What do you want? You have the shards now," I said.

"I want to stop Arthur coming after me," he replied and kicked me in the stomach.

"Nothing will stop Arthur now. As soon as he enters the water I have soldiers ready to end him," he said. I laughed as I pushed myself onto my back.

"What's so funny?" he asked and punched me.

"That won't be enough," I giggled through bloodied teeth.