21

"If that land dweller is that important to you will you bring the golden trident to me?" Orm asked.

"The sea will fall into chaos with that in your possession," Arthur said.

"Brother you underestimate me," he said swimming closer. "This is my kingdom and if you would join me, it would be yours."

"No I won't help you destroy the land dwellers," Arthur replied. 

"Then why don't you join Ava!" Orm exclaimed pointing his trident at him.  Arthur was restrained immediately, he tried to fight off the guards but they were too many and overpowered him. He was dragged to the cell opposite Avas, he could see her. 

"Ava!" He exclaimed but before he could get to her the metal door was shut. However, he wasn't alone for long as his mentor appeared. 

"Arthur you were foolish to bring her into this, you should have bought those shards straight to me," he said. 

"I couldn't betray her like that," he answered gliding closer to the bars. 

"She can only be down here for so long till a search is set for her by the surface dwellers," he said. His mentor slipped a key through the bars. "Here, when the time is right leave with her but make sure you're careful you know about the pressure build-up. She won't survive if you're reckless." 

"I know," he replied as his mentor left. Arthur waited till dark and when the guards were far away, he unlocked his cell and rushed to Avas. He tried to wake her up but it was futile. He checked her breathing apparatus which was running on low. He unlocked her chains and carried her to an Atlantean vehicle and began their escape, he kept to the dark parts of the city before escaping through a gap in the wall. He began to build up speed as he raced to the surface. The vehicle just about protecting her, but as they reached the shallower water he abandoned it and let it sink. 

He dragged Ava out and swam as fast as he could to the surface. Once they reached it he pulled off her breathing apparatus, but still, she didn't wake. He carried her to the beach and laid her down, he looked her over she was unharmed. "Ava!!" He called over and over, on the third time her eyes opened. "Ava, thank god," he said hugging her to him. 

"W...What happened?" she asked. 

"My brother kidnapped you," he said and laid her back down on the beach. 

"Where are the shards? Did he get them?" She panicked and sat up. 

"Take it easy they're safe," he said resting a hand on her back supporting her. "They're still at the lab last I checked." 

"Good. How about George?" she asked, panic present in her eyes. 

"What about him?" Arthur asked. 

"Did you lock them away before he could get his hands on them?" she asked. 

"Of course like I always do when I leave," he said. 

"Good," she replied throwing herself down onto the sand.  "We need to lock them up in the safe under my house. Otherwise, George won't be able to resist the temptation of bringing them to your brother, to make you disappear." 

"I wouldn't let that happen," he replied.