Dix-sept

*After writing this chapter, I noticed I messed up the judges and the guide name so please ignore that mess up until I can get around to properly edit it. *

"Call me your babe instead of your homie."

- Wish you were gay; Claud

Mikala POV

I'm late.

Like really late.

Damn that alarm clock, my dormmates were no help either.

Bursting open the doors of the 'A' auditorium, I rushed in letting out a breath of relief upon noticing that no one was cooking yet. Trying not to pay attention to the eyes that were on me, I walked over to my cooking station and hurrily tied up my hair before washing my hands. Wrapping my apron around my hips, I gave Soma a heated glare, his room was literally right next to mines and he didn't bother seeing if I was up.

Thank god for Mama Fumio who woke me up before she left with Sato and Aoki.

"BEGIN COOKING!" The directors voice startled me for a moment before his words set in leading me to begin prepping. Glancing up at the timer, I saw we had three hours to cook, plenty of time.

After grabbing a large bowl and the rice flour, I began to make my base.

*I CAN NOT COOK AT ALL, SO I WILL CONTINUE IN THIRD PERSONS*

Third Person POV

"This year's contestants are bound to me interesting right?" Osaji Kita, a chubby grey-haired man spoke, his eyes squinted as he looked at the first years who were cooking with a passion.

"Hmm, that's how it is to be young." Shingo Ando, a spectacled man added on.

"Youth is important! I'm glad to see they are full of energy; the food will surely be delicious!" Orie Sendawara, the only female judge, continued. A smile on her lips as she watched the young chefs cook.

A loud banging noise cut their conversation short, all eyes looked towards a certain silver haired male who was the cause of the noise.

Mikala didn't mind the eyes on him, too busy opening up and crushing a raw coconut to notice or care. A crowd watched in curiosity as he added the coconut juices to the bowl of flour he had on the table, before crushing up tot coconut a bit more and adding a few pieces of the meat inside the flour and juice mix.

"Oh~? That's something you don't see often. I wonder what he's making?" The blond spoke, leaning forward in an attempt to get a better look only to be pushed back by the strong smell of spices floating in the air.

Now all eyes were on the other white-haired boy in the room, watching as he expertly tossed spices into a pot before pulling out a fish head.

"Fish head curry, huh?" Osaji commented watching the boy as he began to prep the head.

This continued on, the judges going back and forth between contestants, briefly commenting on their actions up until the clock reached the one-hour mark.

By then, everyone was finishing up their dishes, everyone saves for one special person.

"Ah, prep work all done."

His words bought attention to him once more. "That boy! It's been two hours and he has yet to actually start cooking."

"That's worrying, even if he does somehow manage to finish on time there's no way, he could cook his dish properly. He will most definitely fail." The woman let out a huff as she watched the angry looking boy take a few deep breaths before reopening his eyes. Orie held back a gasp as she watched the boy began to cook at a worryingly quick pace.