Vingt-et-un

"Still remember a time when you felt like home; you and me up against the great unknown."

-Take what you want; ONE OK ROCK

Third Person POV

"Finally, it's complete," A voice muttered out, the quiet words echoing through the kitchen. The words were uttered by a mocha-colored teen as he grinned, rather horridly, down at the pot of stew he had just tasted. "It took me 6 days and 5 nights to perfect this, I bet the judges will love this." Before he could properly think out the action, slow and quiet chuckles began to pour from the back of his throat. The chuckles eventually turning into an almost crazed fit of laugher.

Do not misunderstand, the boy isn't evil nor is he psychotic. As mentioned, before he had been working on the recipe for 6 days and 5 nights, coffee and cat naps were all that fueled his energy for the past week. Therefore, what you are witnessing is not a psychotic break but rather a sleep deprived teen hazed victory.

"Hey, Subaru, come taste this." The boy, Mikala, called out to the boy in the corner. Before this week, Mikala had not even known the boy and upon their first meeting had even looked down on him, yet after spending the past week in the small kitchen with the giant male the two had grown to be, what seems, the bestest of buds.

Standing up from his corner, Mimakaka Subaru walked over to where the shorter teen stood in front of the stove, a spoon full of stew held out in his direction. Taking a bite, Subaru let out a grunt of surprise upon tasting the flavorful stew. "This-!"

Leaning his head back, Mikala let out another fit of loud crackles, "It's the ultimate stew!"

Agreeing with his newfound friend, Subaru found himself mimicking the boy's laugher. "Yukihira doesn't stand a chance."

As the two laughed maniacally, on the other side of the door stood a frozen blond-haired male. Sweat dampening his forehead in horror at the laugher coming from the other side of the door, 'I came because I loss the rock-paper-scissors game to bring him back to the dorm, but I fear that if I open this door I will be murdered.' Sato thought, his hand trembling from where it's raised in an almost knocking position.

Lowering his hand, he turned around and began to walk back to the Polar Star Dorms, "I'll just tell 'em I couldn't find him." Sato sighed out, leaving the building ignoring the chills the booming laugher sent down his back.

+++

Mikala POV

So tired...

Letting out a yawn, I closed my eyes hoping I could get a few minutes of rest before I was call to the stage. Currently, I was in the waiting room while the stage was being set up and the students come to take their seats. I still had a half of hour before I was secluded to compete.

I remember reading somewhere that 20 minutes would be enough for a power nap. Setting my alarm, I was about to lay down to take a nap when a knock on the door stopped me. Exhaling deeply, I called out for them to come in while sitting back up.

Looking towards the door I raised an eyebrow when I saw the spectacled blond from before entering, If I'm correct his name was, "Echizen?"

The boy's eyebrow twitched as a strained smile appeared on his face, "Eizan, actually. Anyways, I came in here to talk to you about something."

Furrowing my eyebrows, I leaned forward to grab the coffee Subaru made me this morning before looking up at Eizan, showing him, I was paying attention.

Clearing his throat, the Yankee like male took a seat on the chair in front of me, "You see, I hadn't expected you to make it this far if I'm being completely honest. I had planned for Mimasaka to be the one competing, yet he was knocked out of the top four after your grand feat."