Danger

I was dying of boredom as the minister a super old guy went on and on over the traditions and preparations that must be made for the crowning ceremony. I do my best to listen, but my mind kept drifting back to Kai. I really didn't want to let him go anywhere without me there, but I have duties I must uphold. As we listened I suddenly felt something was wrong...with Kai. I look at Jay and he was sitting up straight in his chair with a expression that something was wrong with his mate too. Zane stood up from his chair and growls something he only does when Pixel is in danger.

"Something's wrong with our mates," Zane said looking at me and Jay and we stood up as well. "If you excuse us," I said than ran out of the room with the others. We shifted into our wolf forms as we ran outside the palace then followed our mates scents something was wrong Kai was scared he needed my help. My wolf form was bigger than the other two and I was pure black except a orange mark of a scythe the mark of my packs alpha. Jay was smaller, but still deadly he had a ginger colour and piercing blue eyes rare for a wolf form. Zane was pure white and bigger than Jay, but smaller than me and ran just as fast as we followed our mates scents. They started getting mixed with a different scent though lemon scent. We all stopped panting as we couldn't smell which way our mates were.

"Which way are they?" Jay asks sniffing the air and pawing at the ground. "We should split up we could find them that way," Zane said the two look to me because this was my decision. I looked at the ground seeing tire tracks. "Follow the tracks," I said than started running again the other two by my side. In five minutes we caught up and slowed down seeing the limo that our mates were definitely in. The guards I had assigned were outside and hadn't seen us yet. "Move around they're waiting for someone we see who it is before we rip their throats out," I said to them and they nodded moving around to stay in the shadows of the trees.

We didn't need to wait long before we see three other SUVS arrive and out came fifteen wolves from a different which one I'm not sure. "You got what we paid for?" The leader asked who had a scar over his eye and purple snake tattoos. I smelt he was high in command, but not a alpha or beta maybe just under a beta. The two guards nodded and pulled out....Kai, Nya, and Pixel all sleeping and tied by the wrists and ankles. "The mates of the alpha, beta, and the advisor the alpha and beta mates haven't been marked yet," one of the guards said in a proud manner. The guy with the scar hands my mate off and threw him in a car I growled, but it didn't drive off yet so I waited. The others growled, but waited for my signal. As much as I wanted to jump in and rip out their throats and save my beautiful Kai I needed to figure out which pack this was. "The serpentine will be pleased," the Mohawk said and I got what I wanted to know. I howled and the other two join in running down to save our mates. The wolves all panicked seeing us and I lunged at them and managed to rip the throat out of one of them and bit the arm off a different one. One of the stupid ones tried going for Nya, but Jay pinned him to the ground ripping him to pieces. They might out numbered us, but you don't get between three high raking pack members and their mates. Others shifted into their wolf forms and some ran while others stayed to fight. As I shred another to pieces Zane yelled to me.

"Cole the Luna!"

I turn seeing the car with my mate had driven off. I ran after it and gained enough ground to get right behind it. I jumped on top of it and used my teeth to rip the metal off the roof. The driver swerved in a attempt to get me off, but I dug my claws in staying on. I jumped in and ripped his throat out as well a quick death for someone who dared harm my Luna. I hit the breaks shifting into my human form and the car stopped. I took a deep breath before looking into the pack seat seeing Kai was alright laying in the back seat still asleep. Good thing too I didn't want him to see me in mean alpha mode. I got to his side of the car and opened it taking him in my arms bridal style and checking for injuries seeing none. I kissed his forehead and too my surprise he leaned into my embrace. I walked back too the others ignoring the dead bodies littered around it wasn't the first time we've taken lives. Zane was in his human form checking Pixel and Nya to see if they were alright while Jay was still in his wolf form pinning one of the guards supposed to protect them the other one was dead. I put Kai down next to his sister then moved over to the traitorous wolf.