Chapter 5 - Doubts:

Floyd's picture to the side.

Chapter 5 – Doubts:

Gabe’s P.O.V

It was Monday afternoon, and I stared hard at my advanced calculus homework, tapping away at my calculator and writing numbers down on the lined paper. We were all situated in the school’s room that we’d taken under our wing as the Larimar Clan room. It’d taken me a year or two to not laugh at the name of it. The pack was called Larimar because it was a very rare mineral that was only found in the Dominican Republic which was next to Haiti. Our pack originated there, but we were just a small clan as our pack was back in Vermont. They’d migrated a fair few decades ago, and now resided in the forested areas of Vermont.
Larimar was one of the oldest and most withstanding packs in America. We’d never lost our land due to a fight and we’d never declared war on another pack since the early 1900s. The reason I’d learned all of the information about the pack that I currently knew, was because I was going to be either a Beta or and Alpha when the current handed it down.

“Jesus,” Alice swore, rolling back and forth on the mattress above me. “It’s all your fault.”

“Mine?” Floyd asked quickly, frowning up at her from where he was sitting on the ground, smoking a cigarette. I reached over and took the fag out of his mouth and looked at him disapprovingly, before shaking my head and putting it in my own mouth.

Jane groaned, looking up at the ceiling from her spot on the floor in front of her physics text book, “No,” She started, “Your bloody brother’s.”

“What did I do now?” I asked, exhaling the smoke in rings.

Nash coughed as the smoke reached him and Clayton smacked me in the arm, “You scared her off, and you know it.”

I rolled my eyes but grunted when Alice whacked me on the head, “She hasn’t been in our bedroom while we were since Friday night. I haven’t even seen her. Was she in class today?”

“I saw her in class,” Skylar spoke, not looking up from his novel.

So had I. We had English and Health together. “Maybe she’s sleeping in someone else’s dorm or something. Besides, she was the one that game me a hand job.” The best I’d ever received.

“You started it,” Nate said.

I turned to look at him with my brow puckered, “You joined in.”

“You let her into the group,” Nash said steadily. “Did we know she was ready?”

I’d noticed Nash jacking off the night he first met the pretty little human girl. Hiding in the bathroom all alone, trying to be as quiet as possible. He was ashamed and quiet, and had a lot of trouble containing himself around girls. He was probably as horny as me, maybe more so – and I could almost smell the testosterone flying off of him. Nash would almost definitely be either a Beta or an Alpha. “I don’t know, ask the girls.” I said. “She shouldn’t even be in our group. She’s human.”

“Do you even remember her name?” Jasper questioned me.

I opened my mouth, and then choked and fell silent. “She’s human, why should I have to memorise something as pointless as---”

“She’s not human.”

Turning, my eyes landed on Skylar, who was still reading his book silently. “What?”

“She’s not a human,” He said, finally glancing up. “She’s a shifter. She even has a shifter name, she just doesn’t know yet. It’s not all that rare for shifters to be late. She’s only 18, maybe she’s half human – an omega perhaps.”