The Idiot's Lantern Pt1:

Galaxy was stood outside the Tardis with Astro as they waited for Rose and the Doctor to come out, they were in the 50's and that meant that Galaxy was able to dress up for the period and she ended up rushing to the wardrobe and picked a dress that had a baby blue skirt and a black and white panther print shirt.

"For someone that likes to dress up for the periods you refuse to wear heels." Astro remarked to her, there was no one around so he could talk out loud and Galaxy was still wearing her black boots. "This regeneration doesn't like them apparently."

"I thought we'd be going for the Vegas era." Rose said as she stepped out of the Tardis and Galaxy thought she had never seen so much pink, "You know the white flares and the, grr, chest hair." She said and the Doctor popped his head out of the Tardis and he had his hair in a Teddy boy guiff. "You are kidding, aren't you? You want to see Elvis, you got for the late fifties. The time before burgers. When they called him the Pelvis and he still had a waist. What's more, you see him in style." The Doctor said as he went back in and soon drove out of the Tardis on a scooter with a side car.

"You going my way, doll?" The Doctor grinned at Galaxy who tried not to laugh at seeing him wearing his bike helmet and sunglasses. "Is there any other way to go?" She walked up to him and placed a kiss on his cheek. "Straight from the fridge, man." Rose added making the two look at her. "Hey, you speak the lingo." The Doctor said as Galaxy climbed on behind him and Rose got into the side car while Astro went back into the Tardis. "Oh well, me, mum, Cliff Richard movies every Bank Holiday Monday." Rose said as she put on her pink helmet and Galaxy put on her light purple helmet.

"Ah, Cliff. I knew your mother'd be a Cliff fan." The Doctor said and they rode off down the street. "Where we off to?" Rose asked them after a while. "Ed Sullivan TV Studios. Elvis did Hound Dog on one of the shows. There were a lot of complaints though, with a bit of luck we'll just catch it." Galaxy explained. "And that'll be TV studios in, what, New York?" "That's the one."

Sometime later, the Doctor stopped the scooter when a red bus pasted by and Galaxy could see all the Union Flags strung between the houses. "Digging that New York vibe." Rose said laughing. "Well, this could still be New York. I mean, this looks very New York to me. Sort of Londony New York, mind." The Doctor said. "What are all the flags for?" Rose asked and the Doctor shrugged his shoulders before they made their way down the street and they soon come across a man pulling out a TV from the back of his van.

"There you go, sir, all wired up for the great occasion." "The great occasion? What do you mean?" The Doctor asked as they walked up to the man. "Where've you been living, out in the Colonies? Coronation, of course." "What Coronation's that then?" "What do you mean? The Coronation." "Doctor, it's Queen Elizabeth's Coronation." Galaxy said as she leaned toward him. "Oh! Is this 1953?" He asked and she nodded her head, at least they as far off as they were unlike last time. "Last time I looked. Time for a lovely bit of pomp and circumstance, what we do best." The man said.

"Look at all the TV aerials. Looks like everyone's got one. That's weird. My nan said tellies were so rare they all had to pile into one house." Rose said. "Not around here, love. Magpie's Marvellous Tellies, only five quid a pop." "Oh, but this is a brilliant year. Classic! Technicolour, Everest climbed, everything off the ration. The nation throwing off the shadows of war and looking forward to a happier, brighter future." The Doctor said grinning.

"Someone help me, please! Ted!" A woman screamed making everyone look in the direction it came from and they saw two burly men in black suits bundled a person, who had a blanket on their head, into the back of a car. "Leave him alone! He's my husband! Please." The woman begged as the Doctor ran up to them with Rose and Galaxy following behind and a boy from one of the houses also ran out. "Oi, what are you doing?" The boy asked. "Police business. Now, get out of the way, sir." "Who did they take? Do you know him?" Rose asked the boy.