Chapter 7 ~ Bloodstained Spaghetti

Luigi's heart fluttered as he sat across from Peach, staring deep into eachothers eyes. He decided that she was ready. He thought he would have to wait longer, but here she was. Looking at him with pure love in her heart.

Luigi's focus snapped towards the big window next to him, and he noticed that it was dark outdoors. He had been set into a graceful trance by the beauty of Princess Peach. He blinked a few times and stood up, starstruck walking to the kitchen. He needed to prepare dinner. Luigi started a pot of boiling water, and began to put some tomato paste into a pan. He would make the most gracious dinner for his lovely Peach. He was like a true chef in the kitchen, making fresh pasta noodles and slicing tomatoes. He took after his mother with her cooking skills. He would often help her in the kitchen while his father and Mario watched football, went fishing, or chopped wood. "Father..." Luigi thought. His father never truly recognized him as his son, always belittling him for being too weak and afraid. Mario was always his favorite, and so Luigi chose to spend his time in the kitchen with his mother, making beautiful dishes fit for the king. Luigi thought his mother would be proud.

"Wonderful job, Luigi!" He could hear her say. He snapped his head towards the direction he heard it. "I knew you would find true love one day, Son." he twisted his head in the other direction. "M..mom?..," Luigi desperately whispered under his breath. He gazed out the window in attempt to ground himself. You're just imagining it you're just imagining it you're just imagining it you're just imagining it you're just imagining it you're just imagining it you're just imagining it you're just imagining it." In the distance, on the beach, he saw his mother. Her apron was blowing in the wind and her hair was in its usual bun. She waved and disappeared as Luigi put his hand to the glass. One single tear fell down his cheek, and he felt an invisible hand wipe it away. He took a deep breath and went back to work, draining his pasta noodles. He felt stronger in his choice, and saw this as a sign that his plan was the correct one.

Meanwhile, Peach let out a sigh. Finally, he stopped staring. She was getting tired from holding puppy eyes. She glanced at him from the corner of her vision, prancing around the kitchen like a bipedal deer. It seems she did a good job. "Toadsworths acting lessons did come in handy." she smiled to herself. "If I can keep up this act, I'll be finished with this nightmare. He's so... Gullible. And weird, and psychotic and discusting and-" "D-Dinners ready!" Luigi said as he sheepishly stumbled with a heaping plate of pasta. It looked... delicious, surprisingly enough. Peach realized how hungry she actually was. She hadn't eaten all day out of grief. It had been a long day for everyone, even the people back at the Mushroom Kingdom.

"Princess if you don't come out i'm going to have to bring in someone to help you!". Toadsworth frantically banged on Peaches bedroom door and checked his watch. 8:00pm. She hadn't attended dinner or family time, where they usually played chess together. It had been far too long. He grabbed the keyring on his belt and fumbled for the heart shaped key that would open her door. He put it into the door and closed his eyes. "Princess, I'm entering your room!" He stated, and shoved the door open. Toadsworth stood for a moment with his eyes squeezed shut.

"P..Princess?..." Toadsworth gawked as he opened his eyes. The sight before him was too much to handle. A dissarayed room. Broken glass, poltergeist 3000 on the floor, drawers partially opened but the worst thing was that the princess was gone. "Great blimey... what's happened here?... Guards!" Toadsworth yelled in a shrill voice. Guards footsteps came pounding down the hall in desperation. Where was Peach?