The gate opened and I rolled through. She was standing on the porch in a Versace robe. She had red lipstick on and Versace slippers to match the robe. I shook my head at the sight. No money my ass.

"Yo that's Beyoncé's mom?" Ari asked.

"I'm guessing so."

She walked up the car, keeping her attention on me. She held her hand out and I handed the envelope to her. She immediately opened it, pulled out the hundred dollar bills and started flipping through them. When she was done, she smiled at me.

"You must be Onika." She looked over. "Ari?"

"That's us."

"Beyoncé speaks highly of you both. I'm glad she has other friends besides those dope slanging ones."

"Don't you slang dope?" Ari asked. I slapped my hand on my forehead. This bitch was gonna get us killed.

"I do, a lot of it actually. Beyoncé as well but you know this. But that doesn't mean that's all I want for my daughter."

I nodded my head. We sat there and had a conversation with her mom for almost an hour before we started going back to Queens.

I'm not gonna lie, I really liked her mom. She was chill as hell.

Beyoncé Giselle Knowles

Queens, New York

October 6

"When you hitting that? Or you don't plan on it at all? 'Cause you can just give me the go and I'm through there." Chris said to me, watching Nika and Ari walk in the house.

She chucked the keys into the key bowl by the door then remembered, hanging them up on the hooks. My Masi was my most prized possession, if anything happened to that car I would kill myself. It was the last thing my Pops gave me before he died.

"Me and Nic are friends. She not gon' let you fuck though, I'm telling you that right now." I smiled.

"Why not?"

"Just not her type." I took a sip of my Hennessy.

It wasn't my business to tell people that Onika was a virgin. That was all her information, I wasn't gon' tell nobody. But honestly I liked it. Made her sweeter. I knew dudes that preyed on girls who still had their virginity but that wasn't me. I just so happened to run into Onika. Now we were besties. That's what she called it, all that girly ass shit.

"And you are?"

"Nigga no." I laughed. "We're friends."

"So when was the last time you got up at six in the morning to take a bitch to school dawg?"

"Watch your mouth Chris, for real. But Kyla."

"And Kyla broke yo heart. Don't let her use you Bey. Females see what you got and they want in."

"I don't think this like that." Herb said. "She don't want shit from Bey, if it was up to her, her and Bey would've never even met really. She don't ask for shit but rides to school and she don't even need that. The girl got her own car, 'bout to get a degree, her own crib. She chillin', she don't need nothing from Bey."

I nodded my head. "Baby girl got it going on. She just went with the legal route."

"Beyoncé come here please!"

I licked my lips. I loved how she said please when she wanted something.

"She 'bout to go, watch." Jay whispered.