Chapter 12

Hey guys! NOW is the ending! I hope you guys really enjoy it and it lives up to your expectations! I'm actually really surprised at how well this story is doing on both here and FFN. I usually pitch my fanfic ideas to my brother, and he didn't really like this one, so I was kind of amazed at how popular it was. Thank you guys so much for all your support! :3

After finding his way to the dungeon, Scrooge ran to his nephew. "Uncle Scrooge!" Donald and the kids cheered.

Scrooge adjusted his hat and gave Goldie a smirk. "Smart thinking there Goldie," he said.

Goldie blinked her eyelashes. "I do what I can."

Scrooge inspected the doors to the cells. He held the lock in his hand then frowned. "It's locked. Donald, did you happen to see a key?" he said, turning to face his nephew. Donald glanced around, then shook his head.

Goldie leaned her hands outside of the cell and blew a strand of hair out of her face. "I've got this," she said. "Scrooge, open my cell door."

Huey, in the other cell rolled his eyes in disbelief. "Okay, I know that it's magic but surely it's not that easy," he said. Scrooge opened Goldie's cell door, and she stepped out. She leaned against the wall and made a face at the red triplet. Huey deadpanned. "Nevermind."

Goldie moved to leave the dungeon. She took her first step up the stairs, hands on her hips. She smiled to herself, until Donald cleared his throat. She spun around to face him. Scrooge tapped his foot on the ground and the kids crossed their arms. She rolled her arms. "Alright fine. Scrooge, open their cage too," she said.

Scrooge nodded in thanks and opened the kids' cell. The kids were reunited with their uncles and smiled. "Now, let's go get that lamp from Glomgold," Dewey said, holding his posture in a brave way.

"Doesn't he have a wish left?" Huey pointed out.

Webby shrugged. "Eh, I'm sure he'll waste it on something stupid, like a lifetime supply of Pep," she said with a chuckle. Dewey and Huey gave her a look. She held up her hands in defense. "What? It sounded like something Louie would say," she said, following the boys up the stairs. Donald and Scrooge went after her.

"For the record, I'm still not reversing my wish," Goldie put in, leading them.

...

Louie and Della stepped into a large, echoey room. There was a long red carpet with a gold trim laid over the marble floor. It led to a large green and purple thrown, the ugliest shades you could imagine, probably neon. There were several doors that led into this room. Four tall pillars held the room up. A giant stained glass window was behind the throne. The image in the window was an unsettling one of Glomgold in Roman robes, in awkward poses. Della cringed at the sight of it.

"Where are we?" Louie asked, taking in the room.

Della wanted to look away from the stain glass window, but she couldn't. "Either a really weird dream, or we've found the heart of the fortress," she said. She shook herself from the disturbing art when she heard voices.

"Are you sure this is the way?"

Della's face lit up. It sounded like Huey. The voices went on.

"Listen, I'm the treasure hunter. I think I know what I'm doing."

Goldie.

Della and Louie smiled as Scrooge, Donald, Goldie, Huey, Dewey, and Webby came through one of the doors. When Louie caught sight of Goldie, he ran into her arms. "Mom!" he cried. Goldie knelt down to his level and squeezed him tight. Della rolled her eyes then walked to meet the rest of her family.