Chapter 1: Arrival at Mewni

Sabriye falls out of a portal from MATA Academy and found herself falling from the sky towards what looked like a castle. Immediately, she used Protect to shield herself from the impact and fell through the castle's roof, leaving a hole in the ceiling.

Sabriye rose to her feet and took a look at the hole she made. Feeling guilty, she thought of how she could fix the hole. However, before she could think of it, two guards appeared at the door of the room Sabriye landed in. She looked at them both and nervously waved at them, "Um... Hi?"

One of the guards then said, "You're coming with us." Sabriye then casually shrugged and complied, surprising the guards but never said anything about it. Sabriye followed the guards and finally arrived at the throne room to meet their queen - Moon Butterfly.

The guards first knelt down before her and Sabriye soon followed to make a first good impression. Moon seemed surprised to see a child, younger than her daughter, in front of her, accompanied by the guards. "May I ask why I am seeing a little girl in front of me?" Moon managed to utter the question.

The guards then answered, "This girl was found upstairs and made a hole in the ceiling. I'm assuming that she fell from the sky." Moon faced Sabriye and asked for her side of the story. "I don't mean to intrude the castle. I was sucked into a portal from somewhere else and fell from the sky. Therefore, I accidentally left a hole in the ceiling. Sorry about that."

Moon was surprised by the apology as it was a bit uncalled for. Snapping out of her trance, she brushed the issue off. "Mom!" A familiar voice rang in the room, before Moon could say anything.

It was none other than Moon's daughter, Star Butterfly, accompanied by her best friend/boyfriend/squire, Marco Diaz. "We heard a noise from upstairs and-" She cut herself off when their gazes landed upon Sabriye.

There was a brief moment of silence in the room. Breaking it, Sabriye simply waved and greeted nervously, "Hi." Star and Marco returned the gesture in the same manner. "Who are you supposed to be? A guest or something?" Marco asked. Sabriye casually responded with a stoic expression, "More like the person who made the noise upstairs and left a hole in the ceiling."

Star and Marco were baffled and their response to that was, "Wait, what?" They then heard a cough from Moon to gain their attention. "So, you're saying that you were sucked into a portal and fell from the sky?" Moon asked for confirmation, earning a nod as an answer to her question.

"Wait, YOU FELL FROM THE SKY?!" Marco shouted in shock at that statement. Sabriye then groaned, "Please, Marco, I already have enough people shouting and I think I'm gonna lose my hearing soon." Marco immediately apologised and after a moment, he realised something.

"Wait, how do you know my name?" Star, Marco and Moon immediately looked at her in shock. Sabriye sighed and said, "I guess it's storytime." She then began giving them a long, detailed story of their recognition, her arrival and her new life as a Universal Heroine. Star, Marco and Moon took a moment to process the information.

"I suppose having our magic back isn't the only thing that surprised us now," Moon abruptly remarked. Sabriye's ears perked at the statement. "Wait, you said you have your magic back?" Sabriye asked. Moon nodded and replied.

"Why, yes. We could've sworn that the magic was destroyed back when we needed to defeat Mina Luvberry. However, recently, it returned. You can probably tell from our cheek marks. Don't know how or why, though." That explanation gave enough reason for Sabriye's onyx gray eyes to widen in shock.

'So, that's why I'm here,' Sabriye finally realised. "Do... you know or have an idea of what might have caused this?" Moon placed a finger on her chin, thinking. However, Moon didn't. Neither did Star or Marco. "Not only that," Moon spoke up, gaining Sabriye's attention. "Even other Mewmans, monsters and even humans have magic."

"Indeed, it was quite a chaos when that happened," a familiar voice echoed in the room. 'Wait... Could it be?' Sabriye pondered. And in the throne room the owner of the voice was - Sabriye's personal favourite queen of Mewni, the Queen of Darkness, Eclipsa Butterfly. In her hand was what Sabriye recognised as the Royal Magic Wand.

Eclipsa continued, "Everything was a blur after that. The magic we have now... It's uncontrollably powerful, making it extremely dangerous. It would randomly spark around too. It's rather troublesome." Sabriye looked down at the red carpet on the ground as she took in the new information. Finally, she had a question in mind.

"Why don't you use the spell to try to destroy it again? You know, the same spell and the other queens of Mewni appeared and all. You get what I mean, don't you?" Sabriye suggested. Star then piped up, causing Sabriye to face her. "Umm... We already tried that and..." Marco finished the sentence, "It was useless. The magic came back again. No matter how many times we used it."

Sabriye placed a finger on her chin as she took in the new information and pondered. "From what you're telling me, it seems that the magic will forever remain a thing in Mewni, no matter how many times you try to destroy it. That's just my guess," Sabriye concluded with uncertainty.

Nodding in agreement, Moon agreed, "It seems that way. Looks like we're going to have to get used to this, whether we like it or not." Silence filled the room for a moment. Just then there was another question from Sabriye, "Have you found a way to... stop your magic from sparking?"

Eclipsa perked up at the question, "Oh, we did, luckily." Taking off what looks like an armband, she described how it worked, "This is what we call a Magic Regulator. It helps with the magic instability." She wore it and explained further, "Our magic will be much weaker but no dangerously sparking would be such a delight."

Star piped up again, "We all have one. See?" Sabriye saw the exact same Magic Regulator on Star, Moon and surprisingly Marco. "The magic that I got before came back too so they asked me to wear it." Sabriye nodded in understanding. "I believe we haven't caught your name, dear," Eclipsa asked abruptly.

Giving a tiny, soft smile, Sabriye told her name, "Sabriye Unisa. Soon to be Universal Hero." That was when she knew things were about to get very interesting.
______________________________________

A/N: Hey, guys, you weren't really expecting the magic in Mewni to return, am I wrong? 😏 Also, sorry for the late update. For the past two weeks, I've been having my final exams and now... I'M FREE!!! Hope you guys liked this chapter, stay tuned for more updates and I'll see you in the next chapter of Book 3. Bye. 👋🏼