chapter 6: polyjuice potion

your pov

i'm in the girls bathroom with harry, ron and hermione. the polyjuice potion has finally been finished, which means we can find out if malfoy actually is the heir of slytherin.

"Everything's set. We just need a bit of who you're changing into." hermione says.

"Crabbe and Goyle." harry says.

"We also need to make sure that the real Crabbe and Goyle can't burst in on us while we're interrogating Malfoy." i remind them.

"How?" ron asks.

"I've got it all worked out. I filled these with a simple Sleeping Draught. Simple, but powerful. Now, once they're asleep hide them in the broomstick cupboard and pull out a few of their hairs, and put on their uniforms." hermione says.

"Whose hair are you two ripping out then?" ron says.

"I've already got mine. Millicent Bulstrode– Slytherin- I got this off her robes." hermione says.

"and i've already got one of pansy parkinson's. i found it on her desk after class." i say.

"I'm going to go check on the Polyjuice Potion. Make sure that Crabbe and Goyle find these." hermione says as she hands harry and ron two muffins.

around 15 minutes later, harry and ron come running back into the bathroom, holding crabbe and goyle's hairs.

"We'll have exactly one hour before we change back into ourselves... Add the hairs." hermione says as she hands us all vials of polyjuice potion.

"Ugh- essence of Crabbe." ron winces. i drop pansy's hair into the vial.

"this looks disgusting.." i say. harry nods.

"Cheers!" hermione says, and we all drink the potion. it's the worst thing i've ever tasted in my life. every sip is agony, and when i finally finish it..

"I think I'm gonna be sick!" ron says as he runs into a stall. hermione runs into one as well.

"Me too." i add, hunched over a sink.

"Ughh!" harry groans. i can feel my hair grow shorter, and as i stand, i realize i'm quite a few inches taller. ron walks back over to us.

"Uh... Harry? (y/n)?" ron asks cautiously. he looks exactly like crabbe, but his voice is the same.

"ron? is that actually you?" i ask.

"Bloody hell!" he says. i turn to look in the mirror, and i'm shocked as to how much i look like pansy.

"oh no, i'm ugly." i say. harry and ron laugh.

"We still sound like ourselves. we need to sound more like them." harry points out.

"Uh... Bloody hell." ron says, deepening his voice.

"how's this?" i say, trying to match pansy's screeching voice.

"Excellent." harry says in goyle's voice with a smile.

"But where's Hermione?" ron asks.

"I- I don't think I'm going. You go on without me!" hermione says from her stall.

"Hermione, are you okay?" i ask. she wouldn't want to miss this, not after how hard she worked on it..

"Just go. You're wasting time!" she says.

"Come on." harry says. we walk out of the bathroom, down a corridor that leads to the dungeons.

"I think the Slytherin common room's this way." harry says.