YEAR 1- New friends, old faces

your pov

      "Bye dad!" I called as I ran onto the train. This is going to be the longest I've ever been away from him. My dad and I have never been super close, but he's the only family I've got. My mother died of dragon pox when I was 4, and it's just been my dad and I since. I walked through the train, looking for a compartment, but they all seemed full.

      Guess I'll just pick one.

     As I slid open the door, I  saw 3 boys, one with platinum blonde hair, and the others seemed plain. The blonde looked up at me.

     Ugh.

     "what do you want?" He whines. I knew i recognized him. Draco Malfoy. His father is friends with mine, and I had seen him a lot throughout my childhood. We used to get along but.. he's a snob. Not exactly someone i want as my friend.

     "Oops, wrong compartment!" I smiled, closing the door. Guess i'll try a different one. I moved to the compartment next over and slid open the door. I noticed a raven-haired boy with cracked glasses and a redhead stuffing his face with sweets.

      "Hi," I greeted. "is it alright if I sit in here? all the other compartments are full." The raven-haired boy grinned at me.

      "Sure," he replied. "What's your name?"

      "I'm (y/n) (l/n)," I responded. "What's yours?"

       "Harry Potter." My jaw drops.

      "THE Harry Potter?! With the scar and everything?" I remembered reading about the boy who lived in the daily prophet. How could I not recognize him? He lifted his hair up to reveal the infamous lightning bolt scar.

      "Wow," I sighed. I just met Harry Potter.

      I turned to the redhead. "And what's your name?" I asked him.

      "Ron. Ron Weasley," he answered, taking a rat out of his pocket. "You wanna see me do a spell?" I nodded eagerly, but before he could start the door opened and a bushy-haired girl walked in.

       "Have any of you seen a toad? A boy called neville has lost one." She asked. we all looked at each other, shaking our heads. She seems to notice Ron with his wand out.

         "Are you doing magic?" She asked, taking a seat across from me. Ron nodded. "Well, let's see then!"

        Ron raised his wand, swishing it around in the air.

         "Sunshine, daisies, butter mellow, turn this stupid fat rat yellow!" He stops swishing and points the wand right at the rat. We wait for a moment, but nothing happens.

          "I don't know much about magic but I don't think that was a spell." I snickered. I've seen my father do magic before, and he hardly ever says anything, let alone chant about fat rats.

         Ron frowns, putting his wand away. "But my brother's told me that one. They're third years."

          "Are you sure they weren't tricking you? Well, even if it is a spell, it's not a very good one, is it?" The bushy-haired girl said. "Of course, i've only tried a few simple spells myself, but they've all worked for me. For example-" she reaches over to Harry, pulling the broken glasses right off of his face.

         "occulus reparo," She point her wand at the glasses and in a moment they look brand new. Now that was magic.

        "That's better, isn't it?" She smiled softly, Handing the glasses back to Harry.

       "Yeah. Thanks." He replied. Her expression suddenly changes, her eyebrows raised.

        "Holy Cricket, you're Harry Potter! I'm Hermione Granger. and you two are?" She asked, looking at Ron and I.

       "(y/n) (l/n)." I respond with a grin. I like her. She's honest, and knows what she wants. She grins back at me.

         Ron Weasley." Ron mumbles. Unfortunately, the moment Hermione decided to ask his name was the moment he decided to stuff his mouth full of sweets. Hermione looks at him in mild disgust. "

        "pleasure," she said, standing up. "You all should change into your robes. I expect we'll be arriving soon," she glanced at ron. "You've got dirt on your nose, by the way." she then turned, walking out of the compartment.