Everything that went Wrong

AN: As of this chapter, Changling Families book 1 is kinda important. You won't recognize one of the characters if you didn't read the first one.

LLB

The girls stared at the whelp for a moment. Then Mary pulled out her phone and snapped a picture.

"Tanta Barbara is going to love this!"

"Mary!"

"Sorry. He's just so cute! Aw. No signal."

Morgana chuckled, "Yes. Everyone was enamored with him when I brought him home. Even Arthur. But everything changed after he lost Gwen. Now the scars on his face match the scars on his heart. And I had to find a way to hide Wally."

She stroked his nose and, in a flash of green light, a dark haired baby gurgled in his place.

"It is little more than a glamour charm but I hope that someday he'll be able to control it himself."

Claire and Mary exchanged a look.

"Have you tried talking to him about it?" Mary tickled her infant uncle's toes, "Your brother, I mean."

"Why would he listen to me now?" Morgana handed her son to Mary, "What could it possibly change?"

Claire put a hand on her arm, "People can surprise you."

"He...He is too arrogant to see...but perhaps you are right. I must act. This ends tonight."

"What is this treason?"

The three women turned to find Arthur standing in the doorway.

"Brother! I-"

"Your sympathies blind you, Morgana."

Claire followed the arguing siblings out the door while Mary tucked Wally back into his cradle.

"Sleep well, Onkel Walt. I have a feeling things are about to get messy."

She scurried after Claire and stood in the doorway beside her.

"I'll not endanger my people by keeping enemies within our walls!"

"Yes! Wait. You wouldn't!"

"We destroy those monsters at dawn."

Mary felt her blood run cold. Her heart stopped and she only knew one thing. Run! And she did. She sprinted past Arthur and Morgana and down the hall.

"Mary!" Claire started to follow but turned back, "Um. I'm sorry, Lady Morgana but-"

"Go." Morgana nodded, "She needs you more."

Claire gave her a firm nod and chased Mary down the hall.

"Congratulations, Arthur. You just told a child you are going to kill her brother at dawn."

LLB

Hot tears rolled down her cheeks as she ran. Her throat constricted, making it harder and harder to breath. She saw her brother and Steve rounding the corner. Toby had his Warhammer collapsed in one hand and Steve sagging against his shoulder.

"Toby!" She wailed.

"Mary?" He dropped Steve, who leaned against the wall for support.

"We-we have to ch-change history."

"What's going on?" Duxie stepped out of his chambers.

"Arthur's going to kill everyone in the dungeons at dawn!" Claire and Stardust finally caught up.