He hummed in response as you rolled up the wire of your straightener, setting it in your box. "Right, okay," he said. You heard movement on his end. "Was everything I said okay-- I didn't wanna talk about it too much but Ryan's not completely on board with everything so he kept asking-"

"No, no, it was sweet," you said with a little sigh. "Thank you."

"For?" You shrugged on your end.

"I don't know." He smiled, though you couldn't see, and you continued with your packing. "Don't you have somewhere to be?" He chuckled.

"Yeah, I should probably shower," he mumbled. You smiled. "I've also booked us the flights for the day of." You nodded.

"What about yours and E's and stuff to come here?" He hummed and you finished up with the bathroom. You'd be staying at Lisa's for the last few days before the wedding.

"We've already got tickets there for two days before the wedding- or one or something, I can't remember." You nodded to yourself. "Also, we-- we forgot about the honeymoon." Your eyes widened for a moment.

"Oh-- oh," you mumbled. "We did."

"Do you want me to, like, book it for somewhere-- you wanted to go to Bora Bora, didn't y-"

"Oh no, it's fine, Gray, we can worry, about that after the whole thing," you said quickly.

"Right, yeah, for sure," Gray mumbled. You were both quiet for a moment. "Well, I'm about to get into the shower," he said with a clear of his throat.

"Of course, you go," you said with a sigh, brushing off your pants. "Bye, Gray-- good luck with your video."

"Yeah, bye."

---

"Hey," Gray whispered. You greeted him with an awkward hug.

"Hey." He and Ethan walked further into the house to greet their mother as e/w wrapped her free arm around you, the other arm holding a sleeping Elle.

"Just a day," she whispered with a grin. You gave her a smile.

And with every hour that ticked by, you were only growing more and more nervous.

"Yeah," you sighed as she pulled away and let her go hug her mother in law hello, soon to be yours too.

"Y/N," Ethan's voice boomed. You gave him a little smile and were surprised to find him leaning in for a hug. You hugged him back gently.

"Ready to go?" Lisa asked with a smile. Gray groaned but nodded.

"I don't wan--"

"Well you can't both stay here!" she said with a laugh. You smiled and rubbed your elbow with your other hand. Gray reached for his truck keys, dangling on your finger.

"Can't E come?" he asked with a frown.

"I'll come morning of, just a bit, dude," E said. Gray glared at him. "Just a day, a little more-- if you really think I'm leaving my wife and ki-"

"Okay, okay," Gray sighed. He gave you a little smile as E dropped his bags by the door and Gray picked his right back up. "Well, I'll see you down the aisle," he whispered. You gave him a little smile.

"Yes, you will." You waved a little and he headed down the steps to his truck while you waited by the door.

And he headed off to the hotel he'd be staying at until the wedding.

There was a day between the evening he and Ethan had flown back to Jersey and the morning of the wedding. And that day? Was probably the most stressful of your life.

Your mother had you try your dress on three times to make sure it all fit, all the seams in place. Lisa was bustling around, making sure the caterer was still on board, after having canceled twice on you, and then magically freeing up.

Elle, too, had been so stressed. The little girl, having fallen sick the morning she'd woken at her grandmother's, was throwing up every hour.

Not only were you worried about her, but also over your own stomach, that had been fluttering in ways it had never before, constant nausea that just hadn't seemed to go away. E/W reassured you, telling you it was normal and it had happened to her too.

But you had a feeling that her excitement and your worrisome were very different forms of nervousness. Her butterflies were nothing compared to-- whatever was in your stomach.

"Try some of that gravol shit-- mom, do you have any--"

"Not the children's kind," Lisa said with a pout. E held out his palm and she dropped her keys in for him.

"I'll go get some," he sighed. He turned to e/w sitting on the couch with the sick baby in her lap. "Daddy'll be back, okay?" he asked. She sniffled, leaning into her mother.

Ethan kissed her head and waved bye as he headed out the door. You watched him leave before dropping onto the couch next to e/w.

"You feeling okay?" you asked Elle. She looked over at you.

"Hi," she whispered, voice as low as ever. You pouted and e/w set her in your lap.

"Bucket's over there," she said softly, getting up. "I have to shower; are you okay with her?" You nodded and smiled as Elle leaned into you.

E/W left and the eighteen-month-old baby watched her mother leave. She blinked up at you. "Y/NN?" You smiled.

"Mhmm?" She frowned and held her stomach. "Your tummy's been hurting?" you asked. She didn't say anything as you rubbed it for her. "Mine too."

"U-ce Gray?" she asked. You smiled as Lisa walked by, Elle's sippy cup filled with water. "G-ama?"

"You drink this, okay?" she asked. Lisa handed you the cup. "Daddy'll come back with your medicine in no time." You gave her a smile before you spoke, holding the tip of the cup to Elle's lips.

"Gray wanted to know if you'd call the venue? Make sure one las--"

"I will, I will," she reassured. You smiled. "He text you?" You nodded.

"Daddy?" Elle asked, looking around. You gave her a little squeeze.

"He's coming," you whispered. Lisa stood. "Thank you, Lisa." She shook her head. "None of this would be happening if it weren't for you."

"I just want to see you both happy."

She left you and Elle to your lonesome and pulled up a kid's show on your phone for her to watch. Sitting back with her on your lap, you sighed, waiting for e/w to come out of the shower. But Ethan made it home first.

"Hey, princess, how ya feeling?"

He kicked off his shoes as Elle turned to him, a frown on her face. "Daddy."

"See," he whispered, sitting next to her. "Told ya daddy would get you medicine!"

"Is there a syringe?" you asked. He nodded and read the label before ripping the box and packaging open. You turned her to face him as she whined. "It'll make you feel all better," you whispered.

She frowned as Ethan pushed the medicine into her mouth and wiped at her lips with his thumb. "All done!" E cooed. You smiled e/w and her way down, hair wrapped in a towel.

"You're home," she noticed, walking over. You stood and passed Elle back over. "Did she throw up?" You shook your head as E put the medicine down on the coffee table.

"She had one dose-- I think she'll be good by the morning, won't you?" Elle stared at him. "That's her way of saying yes." You laughed a little.

"Let's go get ready for bed, okay? We can have a bath before the wedding." Elle sniffled. resting her head against e/w's shoulder.

You waved bye as they headed up to Lisa, who was still making the last-minute checks and ensuring everything was all set for your big day.

And you and Ethan were left alone.