chapter 4

I feel like screaming and breaking things right now ,my frustration is not dawning , I swear I am going to grow grey hair after this story.

I have never met a guy so calculating as Antonio , I tried everything went through old files ,looked for missing cases ,any case related to Campanaro but nothing, I even went as far as stalking the guys workplace but still absolutely nothing.

I thought of even asking previous journalists whom went through some sneaking into his life but mysteriously some are somewhat dead ,or gone or not in Italy and most don't even want to meet up with me and do some talking. It had to be either that the man was terrifying or he was buying people off.

Through all the research the guy proved to be very hard-working and loyal no crazy psychotic things related to him. Only thing I could fish out was some loose business stings that's dealt with transactions to unknown sources ,I don't know why an investigation wasn't held by the polizia but if they didn't do anything it must not be serious.

I give up in all of my life I have never felt so exhausted emotionally and physically. Think Luciana think.

The guy might be clean after all and all this suspicions might be wrong but something wasn't right he was too clean for a businessman no disrespect to all the hard-working people in the world. But we are talking about a Sicilian here I mean what does the guy got to hide ?

I couldn't meet him face to face cause the last thing I want is for him knowing that I am on to him but I sure wanted to have at least one encounter.

I have been sitting in front of my computer for 14 hours straight it feels like an addiction , so in total I have been to all his interviews ,political encounters but never to   formal gatherings ,if only I can go to one.

The thought lingers in my head for a whole 5 minutes I didn't want to be getting into things that would get me in trouble but the only problem was that I actually did.

I know Emilia has some good connections that could get me to an expensive strictly rich people ball.

"Emilia! " I sound too overly excited.

"Luciana what a surprise ,you haven't called after three weeks of arrival " was it a bad thing that I have been currently super busy and thought of my friend in a dying time like this ?

"I am so so sorry it's just that I have been very busy ,stalking a rich guy,but I called cause I was thinking of you and hmmm, I just wanted to ask how are you doing..." I didn't want her thinking that I only called because I wanted something because I am not that type of person.

"What do you want ?" She cuts me off ,her tone of voice makes it seem like I only call when I am in dire need of something b*tch.

"Ok don't growl that sounds very scary ,I wanted us to grab some coffee because  I've been really stressed out lately  and been  doing a lot of work " You see I wasn't a bad friend, yes I might have called for a work related situation but I figured it would be better to leave this beautiful hotel apartment for some relaxing coffee with my best friend.

"That sounds great I thought you wanted something from me puta" I am gaping so wide right now. 

"I will come fetch you at half past four , it will be really nice to go out with you it's been really long " to think of it ,it has been really long ,I hang up as I get ready to shower and dress up for our little outing.

At exactly half past four the undeserving b*tch picks me up shouldn't I be calling myself that I guess we both are.

We took a cab to Altergrasa Co. I don't know why we couldn't just drive to this place with her car but Emilia insisted we drive by cab ,something about the experience being different and she wasn't lying.

"The pastry is so good here ,and this espresso is out of this world" I moan in pleasure to the taste of food in here , this place was so good the coffees smell hits your nose and tastes like chocolate chips with a tent of vanilla. How I could drink this whole day.

"I know they make the best coffee here ,it's broaden by the best coffee makers" she sounds so confident about the whole best coffee makers part that  got me laughing.

"I am serious they do , Altergrasa told me herself" I lift up a brow at her response.

"Apart from the lovely coffee and little trip I need help with something " I let out the bag.

"I knew it ,I was waiting for you to ask for my help " I laugh at her response she speaks as if I always do so.

"I want a ticket to a formal ball ,strictly for businessmen and billionaires of all kinds happening this Saturday night. " I take another sip of the coffee in front of me.

"The Monarco ball" she lifts her brow up in questioning and her lips are in a straight line.

"What's the Monarco ball" I have never heard of it I thought the ball was a charity ball that's what the internet said.

"Monarco ball is hosted by the familia Monarco, how do you know of it ? " her lips remain in a straight line as she speaks without blinking.

"On the internet" I lie I couldn't tell her that I hacked on Campanaro's social base. She lifts her brow not quite buying my lie.

"What does that matter ,can you get me a ticket to that very ball" I pull a strand of hair behind my ear as I try to change the topic not really wanting her questioning me.

"Listen Luciana I can get you a ticket that won't be difficult but I need to know something as a best friend who is Belvano targeting " her tone was so serious it felt like people were watching us cause she was for some reason speaking in monotone.

"That's amazing, well Belvano said I shouldn't tell anyone I can't " I lie I didn't want her feeling like she needed to help me with anything considering how I was doing with this story on Campanaro.

"You have to trust me ,if you want me to trust you and I do trust you after all you are my best friend and you look terrible which might mean the story must be really a kick ass, I just want to know if that f*ck is pushing you way to much ,so that if you need help I can help you and maybe I might know something about the target" her voice changes to sounding more concerning , there was a lot of things I didn't know about my best friend one was how her parents died and why she moved to Mexico to study, but I never bothered asking cause it was her past ,she always talked about how she never wanted to reflect on such matters  and I respected that.

"It's nothing Belvano is just giving me a chance and right now I need a ticket to get to that ball, Monarco" maybe I needed the help but I didn't want it.

"Ya sure I can get you the ticket but tell me whose the target so we can go shopping and stuff" I don't know why she was so bothered but yeah who would it kill

"The target is Antonio Campanaro " she chokes on her coffee as she gives me a cold expression.

"Are you alright ?" Why was everyone reacting like this whenever I mentioned this guys name , Emilia wasn't the first ,all the other journalists I encountered behaved in the same manner , their expressions turned cold and they soon looked uninterested.

"Did you say Campanaro , the Antonio Campanaro" she smirks looking at me with bewilderment.

"Yes I did" I roll my eyes at the question.

"The guy is clean I too tried and got nothing and gave up , but what bothers me is why Belvano all of a sudden is targeting him " I really did not care all I wanted was a story and I was going to get one, if Belvano was getting into some fishy business which included me into the picture , if I found out I would back off completely.

"You know the guy his crazy , so you helping me ?" Everyone knew that Belvano was a psycho a guy who was fond of ruining people's careers and lives so I had no right to judge all I had to do was my job.

She simply nods and I am pleased as the tension subsides as we continue.