CH. 51 The Strength and Power

(Rosemary POV)

To say that I wasn't expecting that the young boy that my sister came over with would have these powers would be a lie.

I was expecting it, and I was right, he did.

When I laid eyes on him the moment he entered my home, I sense things about him.

This young boy had some strength and power that has made him different, even different from Natalie Musco's two kids. Yes, they are different as well, but the young boy in front of me name Kendell. I was different from them, but that doesn't change the fact that I wanted to see what their strength and power were.

I stare at Jamison and Mona, as they continue to test things out with Kendell. They have been doing this for the remainder of the day.

I was sitting next to my sister; she and I were staring at what was going on.

"I knew he was different, but I didn't know it was this much." My sister said.

I nodded my head, having an understanding of what she was talking about, she didn't expect this when it came to Kendell.

"I see that, but I am happy that you were able to save him as you did. If you didn't, he would have gone through-" I said, not wanting to finish the sentence.

A disgusting taste came to my mouth.

People can be cruel, just like there are good people in this world. There are bad people in the world as well.

People confuse the wording from time to time.

When they say the world can be cruel, it is not the world that is cruel but the people that are on it.

People are the one who does the cruel things; people are the one who hurt others, take over lands, destroy each other, and feed off of greed.

People can even monster themselves; I've learned that from a long time ago, and so did my sister.

So did everyone in this house.

It's unfortunate on the things we've gone through, but as I sit here with my sister as we both look at the interaction that is happening in front of us. I'm grateful that we were all able to find each other.

"It's disgusting, you know. You have this ability good. Even though you hated it." I said to my sister.

I turned to look at her; she was already staring at me.

"I neither like it now or hate it, it's something that you've learned to accept. That this is who you're, and this is what makes you, you. " Red said.

I watched her shrug her shoulder.

"I hated it, growing up as a kid. I would see these events happening right in front of me. It was like, watching people being tortured and killed. I was powerless; I was unable to do anything. I failed to save them." Red said.

I shook my head.

"You were a kid," I said to her.

"That's true, I was a kid, but I still felt guilty about all those people I couldn't save Rosemary. I've witness abuse, rape, murder, kidnapping, and more. I saw what those people were going through, and I was unable to help them. Those people felt all alone and felt like no one knew what was happening to them; no one knew, but the people that were doing those horrible things to them and me. I couldn't save those people, and as much as I know, I was a kid back then. I still feel guilty because I could have done everything in my power to see if I could bring it to law enforcement, but I just couldn't-" Red said.