Chapter Seven: Planning a Hit

"The top floor suite, please," Riley said to the hotel receptionist.

"It's your lucky day, ma'am," the woman behind the desk said. "It's vacant."

"Oh thank god," the brunette sighed. "We'll need it for just two days, that's all."

Vinícius, sitting on a couch in the waiting area, leaned over to Nate, whom was showing Abraham the ropes of how the laptop was set up.

"Bro," the Latino man said. "Nate Mr. Fox sir."

Nate groaned and looked at him. "What?"

"She said two days only. Is she sure that's enough time?"

"Hell yeah it is. We usually only do one night. Two days is more than enough time!"

"If you're sure..." The man in the snapback leaned back.

Riley smiled kindly at the receptionist and accepted the five keycards. "Thank you so much!" she said, then turned around and waved for the guys to follow her. She held her hand out for Nate to take and the group headed off.

"Do we need to take separate trips up or will you two be able to keep your hands to yourselves?" Mason asked.

Nate merely snorted. "Sure we can be modest for once."

"Riley has her hand on your ass, doesn't she?"

"Always!"

The elevator arrived and they loaded in. Nate and Riley stood in the back corner and spoke with each other in low voices, Vinícius was by the emergency controls and playing a game on his phone, Abraham and Mason were looking at something on the former's phone.

"Camera does not have audio so if you want to talk, let's talk," Abraham said suddenly. "Is long trip up."

"Okay well, I already have our next target in mind. He's one of Taylor Hanks' friends. Hanks contacted him after Riley and I... y'know. Anyway, he's in San Fran to help Hanks stay safe. I've been tracking his routine since he got here and there's a three hour period where they aren't together." Nate looked to the doors suddenly. "We're getting visitors."

Everyone tensed up and started acting "natural" as the doors opened (Nate and Riley immediately started making out, Riley's hand up Nate's shirt and Nate holding one of her legs up by her thigh) and two businessmen entered. They tried their best to ignore the couple. Vinícius glances over and had to cover a laugh with a cough.

When the elevator arrived on their floor, the couple separated, smiled at each other and got their bags and exited, the other three following them out.

The moment they entered the suite, Nate turned to the three. "If you'll excuse us, we have some business to take care of."

And with that, he and Riley ran off, leaving their bags by the door.

"They're gonna have sex, aren't they?" Mason sighed.

"Most likely," Abraham replied.

"Are we really going to have to put up with them doing this all the time?"

"At least we're getting paid?" Vinícius tried to be positive.

***

"His name is Jacob Winchester," Nate explained to the group. "He's a pilot."

"Uh huh. And what're we gonna do?" Vinícius asked.

"Like I said before, I've been tracking his daily schedule. The only time he's not with his friend Taylor is a three hour period where he's going around uptown. First, he goes for a jog in the park, then he wanders around and goes shopping for another two hours."

"One of us—me or Nate—is going to be a jogger that's visiting some friends for break," Riley said. "Whichever of us it is will get his wallet and phone, if he had them on his person. While that's happening, Abraham will hack into his bank accounts and his phone. With his bank account, he will drain it completely. Leave nothing behind, not even a penny. With the phone, you'll display either my marker or Nate's. Mason will be our getaway driver, waiting at the edge of the park.

"You guys got that?" Nate asked.

"One question: What am I gonna be doing?" Vinícius asked. "I wanna have a job in this! What do I do? Please let me do something."

Riley glanced at Nate. He raised his eyebrows at her and she returned the look with a scrunched nose. He tilted his head to the side just slightly and she sighed and nodded. He grinned. Nonverbal communication.

"Okay, you're gonna be waiting until Jake chases whoever steals from him," Nate explained. "Then you walk up and stop in front of him, pretend to tie your shoe. Then start to apologise for cutting him off, go into a story and keep him distracted as long as possible. Grab his arm if you have to."

"So who's going to con Mr. Winchester?" Vinícius asked.

Nate and Riley exchanged another series of looks. They both nodded and Mason groaned loudly.

"Can you two please just speak?" he shouted.

"I'm gonna do it," Nate said. "Riley's already been recognised by Jake's friend so it'd be too risky for her to be out there again right now. For all we know Taylor told Jake what she looks like."

"Plus," Riley added, "Nate's like a chameleon when it comes to disguises."

Nate gasped and turned to his girlfriend. "Can I wear the beard? Please?"

"You want to bring Antoine out?" She grimaced.

"Please," he begged. "I'll let you use the strap-on tonight."

"Oh my god! I didn't need to hear that!" Mason yelled and covered his ears.

Riley sighed and took both of Nate's hands in her own. "Fine," she said. "But, you're not allowed to touch yourself–"

"Deal," Nate exclaimed.

"And— I wasn't finished—the lights stay on."

Nate stared at her. "Oh my god, you're a monster."

"This is amazing," Vinícius said from the couch. "How comfortable you two are, talking about your sex life in front of us."

"Shut up, Vinícius," Nate pointed at him. "Okay, everyone! We're doing this tomorrow. So everyone needs to rest up, get the first day nerves out, I'll order a pizza, and then Riley and I will... be in our room."

"They already claimed a room," Mason said once the couple was gone. "And they're going to have sex again."

"Nathan said he'll order pizza," Vinícius pointed out.

"Dammit, you're right."

***

"Jameson," Porter's voice came from his office. "I need to see you for a moment in my office."

The officer looked to his colleagues, then stood and headed to his superior. "Yes, sir?" he said.

"I finally got to your request to investigate Mr. Nathaniel Cooper," the one-eyed man explained as he took a seat behind his desk. "After some careful consideration and debating, I've decided to grant your request."

"Oh, thank you, Captain," the officer said.

"But," Porter added, "You're not allowed to bring him in unless you're absolutely certain and have evidence that isn't 'But he looks like the man in the photo'."

"Of course, Captain."

"The Fox and the Lion are masters of disguise," Porter pointed out. "You may have the wrong guy."

"Yes, sir. Of course," Jameson nodded. "Thank you so much."

"Don't make me regret this, officer," Porter stated in a serious tone.

"I won't, sir."

"You have my faith."