Once the door was closed, her face broke into a warm smile as She hi-fived Shenaaz who was clapping her hands gleefully.

Sidharth was amazed at their reaction.

“Dekha kaise chup karaya tere baap ko? Maza aaya na?”Dadi said with a mischievous twinkle in her eyes as both her Shenaaz giggled like schoolgirls.

“Dadi aise hi thodi main aapko rockstar kehti hu? Chhaa gaye aap toh aaj” Shehnaaz cooed back.

Sidharth who was feeling left out, interrupted them by clearing his throat.

As both of them looked at Sidharth, he noticed Shehnaaz’s smile die down but he will deal wth it later, he thought.

First things first.

He stood near Dadi, touched her feet and folded his hands, gratified by her support.

“Thank you dadiji. Main kya kahu, aapne toh mujhe meri life wapis dedi” he spoke looking at Shehnaaz fondly.

“hmm, tere se abhi baat karni hai maine puttar, ther jaa” she sat on her bed with a pained expression as her aged knees caused discomfort.

She indicated them to sit down near her, which they promptly did, each taking their spot at her feet.

“Accha ab batao, tum dono sach mein ek dusre ko pyaar karte ho?” she asked to which an excited Sidharth replied with “Bohot” but Shehnaaz kept mum.

He playfully poked his finger in her knee egging her to reply, but she kept looking at Dadi with a dead pan face.

He haplessly looked at dadi, who was watching all the fun

“Puttar tu uski chinta mat kar, itni si chuhiya jaisi thi jab paida hui thi, tabse janti hu isko main” her dadi flashed her scrunched palm to him to show how tiny she was when born “woh chahe muh se kuch na kahe uska chehra bata raha hai ki woh bhi tujhse bohot pyaar karti hai” Dadi caressed her hair softly, as Shenaaz placed her head on Dadi’s lap looking at him with tears in her eyes.

He rubbed his face helplessly.

He wanted to hug her, wipe her tears, say all that he had been saying in his emails, to her face.

Apologise a thousand times over and tell her how much he loved her and missed her a million times over.

But all he could do right now was just sit and stare at her crying face.

Their gazes were locked as if engaged in a silent conversation with each other.

“Ek dusre ke pyar pe bharosa rakho, chahe kuch bhi ho jaye, agar tum dono chahoge to koi tumhare bich mein fik nahi dal sakta“ She spoke to both of them and sighed

“ chalo jo ho gaya, so ho gaya. Isse sabak seekho aur aage badho. Iske baad chahe kuch bhi ho jaye gussa aur zabaan dono pe kaabu rakhna hoga” she said looking at him.

It was well deserved he thought and nodded his head in affirmation.

“Aur tu” she turned to Shehnaaz now “Gussa kar bhi liya isne, toh woh gusse ki ek leher nikal jaane ke baad sab kuch shant ho jata hai, insaan firse sahi sochne lagta hai, but uske pehle hi bhaag aayi? kuch bhi ho jaaye, bhaagna nahi hai. Jatti hai tu, wahi khad ke cheezo ka hal milega, bhagne se nahi milega.” Dadi spoke, swiping Shehnaaz’s tear stained face.

She kissed her forehead.

“Mujhe nahi kiya?” Sidharth feigned dissapointment touching his forehead.

“Tujhe kyu karegi? Meri dadi hai” Shehnaaz pouted as she sat on the bed hugging her dadi possessivley.

“hayye siyappa” Dadi smacked her forehead “rabba kaha in nikke balko ke bich fasa diya tune mujhe” she chuckled smacking both their heads turn by turn.