30. follow the spider brick road

"That's dad boss, Cornelius Fudge."

If you had asked me how 24 hours ago I was holding my crying best friend, now standing chest to chest with Harry with Ron whispering in my ear under an invisible cloak in Hagrid's hut, I simply would tell you it's Harry overactive imagination.

He started off a couple months ago blaming Malfoy and now he said Hagrid did it because a man in a diary told him so, I was starting to get annoyed with his brain, thinking everyone out to get us.

"Hagrid, these attacks must stop," Fudge pointed to Hagrid.

Everyone really needs to stop blaming random people, next I would find out Dumbledore is the pope.

"I don't know what you mean, I didn't do this' ' Hagrid stutters over his words before turning to Dumbledore with a shaky hand.

I felt Hannah move her elbow into my back accidentally, sending my body into Ron who looked at me panicked. I mouthed a sorry and looked at Hagrid and everyone who must have not heard the mess we made.

"I can assure-"

"I'm sorry Dumbledore but I must take him."

"Take me," Hagrid spared a glance at us before looking back to Fudge.

"I don't belong in Azkaban."

Azkaban and Hagrid was a sentence I never saw coming, not in any of my years in Hogwarts.

"I'm sorry, but we have to."

The door slowly fell open, almost like the wind itself pushed it. Mr. Malfoy stood with a nasty smirk and his head held high.

"You're already here Fudge? Perfect."

Hannah rage bounced around the cloak, the name Malfoy itself would set her off worse now after the incident in the Slytherin common room.

"Get out of me house," Hagrid yelled to Malfoy, who slowly made his way closer, us backing up as smoothly as possible before Malfoy stopped to look at the fireplace.

"I can't believe you think this is a home," he quietly muttered.

I rubbed my eyes, the little sleep I've received the past two nights was slowly starting to catch up with me.

"And what are you doing here?"

I slowly started to lay my head on Harry's shoulder, my eyes closed at the slepe wanted to take over.

"I have your letter of resignation."

My head flew up, looking at Mr. Malfoy and Dumbledore, a rolled up piece of paper. The same man that stood up when I was sorted wasn't going to be at Hogwarts anymore?

"You can't take Dumbledore from Hogwarts!"

I felt like I was in the middle of a tennis match, watching each person at rapid speed.

"No it's fine Hagrid, I know when I'm not wanted," Dumbledore stood before Mr. Malfoy, his eyes glaring every so often to where we stood.

"Just remember that Hogwarts will always grant help to those who simply ask for it." Dumbledore looked directly into my eye, I felt a shiver run up my spine as Malfoy looked over his shoulder before back to Dumbledore.

"Shall we then?"

Malfoy left the room, holding the door for Dumbledore who stared at us before following behind. Malfoy called for Fudge who then turned to Hagrid.

"Well come on Hagrid."

Hagrid coughed, looking out the corner of his eye to us.

"If anyone was looking for something, all they have to do is follow the spiders."

Fudge shook his head, letting Hagrid walk out before he followed behind, as soon as the door shut we threw the cloak off.

"Dumbledore can't leave," Ron yelped as he looked to the door that everyone just walked out of.

"I want to skin the Malfoy family," Hannah mumbled, her arms crossed as she let breaths from her nose.

I turned to where Harry stood seconds ago, no longer looking at me but the spiders that ran down the floor and through the window.

"Look."

"Hagrid did say to follow the spider," I watched behind Harry while we watched the spider run in the same line as before.

"I don't like spiders very much," Ron gulped.

"Well I don't like Hermione beginning petrified but I'm holding up just fine," Hannah mumbled, already opening the door and keeping her eyes on the spiders.

I went to walk but I felt a hand grab mine, turning around to see Ron's scared face with large puppy eyes.

"Don't let my side Greyheart."

"With the grip you got on me I don't think I can."

Harry coughed from the door, waving a hand to use two while I painted my leg. Fang jumped up and kept pace with me. Once outside the door I saw the spiders trail out the window walking right into the Dark Forest.

"Oh no," Ron gripped his hand tight, my hand felt broken but he needed this right now more than I did. He was about to face his biggest fear. I could let my own go for a minute.

"We have to follow them Ron," Hannah yelled, she was already on the edge of the tree when we got out.

"Why couldn't it have followed the butterflies?"

I leaned my body onto Ron, chin on his arm as I looked up to his panic face. I looked back to Harry who had already caught up with Hannah.

"Come on, we got some bugs to exterminate."