24. in the words of snake latin, huh?

"I'd like to wipe that smirk off Malfoy face right now."

Hannah whispered into my ear. I nodded while my head sat on my palm, leaning against the walkway of the dueling catwalk.

"I'd like to get out of this room, I don't feel safe with Lockheart in closed areas."

Hannah gave a dramatic "ahem" before Lockheart jumped onto the catwalk.

"Gather round, gather round."

I felt students surround me, Harry shoulder practically intending my collarbone.

"Sorry," Harry gave a nervous smile which I brushed off, giving a quick joke before Lockheart spoke again.

"Can everyone hear me?"

I rolled my eyes and Lockheart looked for each student, each student giving a nod before he moved on.

"Because of the dark times recently, Dumbledore has allowed me to start up a Dueling Club."

I smiled, please for a good idea since everything started happening.

"I'll be teaching it."

I felt my smile fall, rolling my head and letting my head fall to Harry's shoulder.

"I can't stand him."

"Me either," Harry mumbled to me.

"I have defended myself on multiple occasions, if you read my book you'd know, and I'm here to teach you how."

Hannah held back a giggle, her forehead falling to the catwalk as Lockheart closed in on the Slytherin end.

Lockheart took off his cape, throwing into the crowd. The cape fell across Hannah and my face, a group of Hufflepuff ripping it off quickly while screaming.

The smell of strong lemon overtook my nose, I felt the back of my eyes burn with the strength.

"Oh Merlin, that's the worst thing I've experienced at Hogwarts," Hannah muttered.

"I have Professor Snape with me today."

I followed Lockheart's pointer finger, Snape dressed in all black slowly walked down the catwalk to stand before Lockheart. Both professors held their wand to their nose before a loud swing sounded through the room.

They both turned and walked three steps away, turning back to each other in a dueling stance.

"I'm so grateful for Snape right now," I mumbled in awe as I watched Snape smirk the lightest bit at Lockhart.

"One."

"Two."

"Three."

"Expelliarmus," Snape yelled as soon as the last words fell from Lockheart's mouth, the large gold ball of light flew from Snape wand, the ball of energy slamming into Lockheart who laid on the other side of the catwalk with a thud.

I smiled brightly, turning to Harry who was already smiling at me. His green eyes were shining brightly, he looked happy and if felt so weird.

Lockheart stood up, waving a hand to Snape who walked off the stage before he straightened himself out.

"Alright, who's your first?"

Each student turned to their peers, waiting for someone to speak first but it never came. I ignored everyone and laid my head on Harry's shoulder like before.

"How about Potter?"

I lifted my head off his shoulder, looking to Harry who was already watching me with wide eyes.

"We'll go on," I gave a gentle push and Lockheart let his palm hang in the air, waiting for Harry.

Harry ignored the hand and pushed himself to the catwalk, standing on one end while Lockheart looked back around the room.

"I'll duel Potter," Malfoy was already standing on the catwalk once the words reached our ears. I heard Ron scoff from behind me, moving to where Harry once stood to have a better view.

They stood before each other, each looking at the other with pure rage.

"Wands at the ready!"

"Scared, Potter?"

"You wish," Harry sassed Malfoy, both turning to talk three steps like Lockheart and Snape had seconds ago.

Each now stood on other ends, I walked closely as both boys stood in a dueling stance. Ron gulped from beside me, Hermione had two hands on the catwalk while watching.

"On the count of three you will cast your spell to disarm your opponent, only disarm."

"One."

"Two."

"Everte Statüm!"

I jumped back at the sudden yell from Malfoy's mouth, watching the pinkish light fly into Harry's chest. I jumped on stage when Ron grabbed my forearm, wrapping his two arms and one of my own.

"Ron."

"Don't try me Greyheart," he looked at me sternly, making me slowly step beside him, leaning my body weight onto him.

I watched Harry slowly sit up, ignoring the laughing as he raised his wand to Malfoy.

"Rictusempra!"

The single beam of light shot from Harry wand, striking Malfoy in the chest which sent him flying another is butt.

The crowd erupted into a fit of giggles, but my grip on Ron only tightened as Malfoy looked over his shoulder.

I watched Snape walk to the end of the stage, getting up with Malfoy robe held tightly in his hand.

"Why can't everyone drop this?"

Ron shrugged as he walked Harry closely for his next move.

"Serpensortia!"

The snake flew from the tip of his wand, landing in the middle of the catwalk. I pulled Ron out of instinct, holding him behind me out of pure fear.

"Shit," Hannah mumbled and she jumped to my arm, Hemione stood beside her.

"I'll handle it Potter," Snape started charging at the snake as I slowly eased back to the stage, the fear draining with it just sitting there.

"Never mind that, I got it."

Lockheart drew his wand again and and I stepped back, Ron pulling me back so he stood closely together. I watched Hermione slowly reach for her own wand, the panic clear in her eyes as she took calming breaths.

"Alarte Ascendare!"

The snake flung into the air and landed in the same spot as before, watching the crowd with devil like eyes.

"So much for handling it," Hannah mumbled, slowly putting her hand out for the snake before Hermione pulled it back to her side.

Harry walked closer to the snake, his eyes studying the snake until he started speaking.

Variety of "hush"and "shush" fell from his lips, the snake making eye contact with Harry before the snake turned to Justin. I walked closely as the snake got closer to Justin as Harry spoke it in an odd new language.

"Is this Latin?" Hannah's voice cracked as she spoke. I pulled from Ron grip and grabbed onto Justin robe sleeve, dragging him into Hannah and I as Snape finally cut into the situation.

"Vipera Evanesca."

The snake crumbled at the spell, Justin's body shook as I held his arm close to me. The class turned to Harry face, him looking between us with a calm expression.

"What was that Potter?"

Justin spoke in a harsh tone, falling closer to me once Harry stepped to the edge of the catwalk.

Harry didn't say a word as he looked between the teachers, looking to me for answers.

"Snake Latin?"