Agitated Instincts 2: well that was rude

Start from the beginning

Grian slowly opens his wings then looks back to Tango.

"Come on, you're the best flyer on the server. You can do this," Tango encourages.

Confidence floods Grian's chest and with familiar strength, he pushes himself off the ground. Tango squawks in excitement as Grian lifts off from the ground and comes to hover as best he can next to Tango.

He starts to fly towards the tree, slowing his pace to let Grian remain near him with little effort on the small parrot's side. The twisted branches of the potion shop come into view as Grian gains more confidence with his wings, flying all around Tango in sweeping glides and quick turns.

Tango quickly pulls up to land on one of the larger branches of the tree while in the meantime, Grian remains in the sky. Tango starts to look around the tree, trying to find something, but not really knowing why. Then he spots it, a nook created by interlocking branches and protected from the elements by the thick canopy of the tree close to the trunk.

He walks down the branch, picking up sticks and other plant matter. Carefully he starts to weave together sticks, twigs, and any other type of foliage into a simple nest.

After he finishes the nest, he gathers soft moss and grass from around the tree adding to the inside to create a bed. As Tango works in the soft bedding into the nest he notices some of his feathers fall from their place. At first, he just adds them to the bedding. Tango sees a few feathers trail after Grian with every sharp turn the parrot takes, reminding him that both of them were in molt before the meteor transformed them.

Finishing the nest Tango calls for Grian, "Grian come over here," he calls out, watching the little bird dash about the tree and sky. Grian flits about until he hears Tango call out for him. He swoops by the tree and spots the phoenix by the truck and comes in for a landing perched just above the nest Tango has created. Grian hops around looking at the nest then back to Tango who sat just outside of it looking expectantly at the young bird.

"You made a nest?" Grian questions looking at the sculpted mass of sticks and bedding. "Why?"

Tango shrugs as best he can, "I just had the feeling."

Grian hops down closer to Tango before going over to inspect the nest. It looks stable and the bedding does look very soft. Carefully Grian hops up to the side of the nest before completely descending into the body. He plops down in a warm spot.

Tango looks very pleased with himself, puffing out his chest in pride. Grian lifts a wing to hide his face in embarrassment as Tango joins him in the nest. Tango tucks his wings to his sides, encasing Grian in one of them. The warmth giving off by the phoenix lulls Grian closer to Tango till he is snuggled closely to the side of the phoenix. Comfort envelopes him, then is promptly shattered by Tango's beak pecking at him.

"What are you doing?" Grian demands indignantly.

"We're both in molt and I have already taken care of my feathers," Tango replies, straightening some of his missed-placed feathers.

"I can do it myself, you know. I don't need your help," Grian squawks, trying to tidy his tail feathers himself.

"You and I both know that you have the self-care skills of a potato, so shush and let me finish," Tango mutters, as he picks through his feathers.

Grian puffed his feather out in annoyance, "Well, you aren't any better than I am, Mr. Tek."

"Hush, child," he coos sarcastically.

"Child?" Grain grumbles, "I am not a child."

"Compared to some you are, now stop squirming," Tango says, finishing his preening of the small brown parrot.