But the moment that the sword of light emerged from my own hands, igniting its power in the middle of the night...

The impossible seemed possible with my unexpected power.

My father's surprised eyes suddenly became gentle, proud, and glistening--that the sight of the burning light of sword on my hands might be surprising for him but expected.

The birds rattled on their nests, the wild animals cowered behind the shadows, leaves whirled as the wind blew stronger, the trees continued dancing wildly, and an unusual fog covered the whole forest of Parsua Sartorias.

But the fog didn't hide the continuous glowing of my sword.

Sa kabila ng biglang pagbabago ng kilos at reaksyon ng buong kagubatan ng emperyo, pinili kong ituon ang sarili ko sa pag-atake kay ama. This sword wouldn't give its worth without proving anything against its opponent.

Without hesitation, I swung it against my father. I knew that I was too early to attack, and it was easy to dodge. But he was a bit distracted, and any possibility that an enemy lost its sudden track on your battle is a great opportunity.

I was determined to give him a taste of my new sword, but my father was also this quick. He dodged me, and a heavy thud on my nape made me choke for air, I lost my control with my air jump, and I just felt my body drifting on land.

Umuubo ako ng alikabok nang sandaling bumabangon na ako. Ang nagliliwanag na espada'y nanatili pa rin sa aking mga kamay. I didn't bother to wipe my face, I stood immediately, held my sword with both my hands, spread my legs to support my weight, and bravely faced my father.

He's in front of me. Hindi na niya hawak ang espada niya at hinayaan niya iyong nakalugmok sa lupa.

But what made my eyes widen was the trace of blood on his cheeks, a fresh cut. My father wiped it with a smile on his face.

Maybe I disarmed him unintentionally when my sword of light suddenly emerged, but the cut of his cheeks...

I made it.

After all of those trainings...

Nangatal ang buong katawan ko, hindi ko alam kung saang emosyon iyon nanggagaling. I felt so happy, not because I hurt my father, but because I gave him a cut on his cheeks. I improved.

Hindi ko na namalayan na tumulo na ang luha ko sa tuwa. Nawala na iyong mariin kong pagkakahawak sa aking espada hanggang sa naglaho na ang liwanag.

"My boy..."

Inilahad ni ama ang kanyang mga braso sa akin at hinayaan niya akong tumakbo sa kanya. He patted my head gently as I wrapped my arms around him.

"I think... I almost killed you, father. I am sorry." I said when I looked up at him.

He laughed. "You're still delusional, Dastan."

"I almost killed you."

Mas lumakas ang tawa niya. I am still a Gazellian, I will not consider that cut on his cheeks as a lucky shot. He crumpled my hair. "That is enough for today."

"I almost killed you."

"Alright. You are really my son." Naiiling na sabi niya.

Mauuna na sana siyang maglakad sa akin at handa na akong sumunod sa kanya nang biglang nanlabo ang paningin ko. I expected another hard thump of my body on the ground when I felt father's arms around me.