Forty-Eight

— five minutes later

Eddie and Bill sit on the couch, both passed out. Bill leans his head onto Eddie's shoulder.

"Can you tell me now?" I stare at my hand. Richie hasn't let go this entire time.

"Uh...when you started breathing again you started yelling for me and someone else." "Who?" He glances up slightly at Bill.

"Oh...continue." "You kept on asking where he was. Once we got down here uh...you were yelling for all of us. Kept on asking where is he and stuff."

"Oh..." "Is uh...is there a reason you were yelling for him?"

I start to explain to him my nightmare. He listens closely as he begins to sober up.

"It was a nightmare. This is embarrassing...shit." I smile, giggling softly. "I uh...I was kissing." I begin to giggle loudly, Richie smiles and laughs along.

"Shit." I chuckle before calming down. "Don't say anything...I was kissing his collarbones." I look away. "That shit is cute as fuck." He chuckles.

"It gets sad though. We were at his funeral...you were being a dick. I mean I understand that." Richie chuckles sadly.

"Once I opened the coffin he was asking why I didn't answer any of his calls. I don't know what that meant." I shrug.

"So he died?..." I nod. "I guess that's why I was yelling?" I shrug once again.

—Richie's POV

I glance up. Bill's eyes flutter open as Eddie starts to stand up. "I'm gonna go back to your place. I'll bring you some stuff in the morning." Stanley nods squeezing Eddie's hand gently.

"I'm gonna go with him...if that's okay?" He shrugs. "Are you gonna be okay? If not I can stay with you." I question.

"I'll be fine." He smiles weakly as I nod. "Uh...here's your phone." I pull it out of my hoodie pocket.

—Stanley's POV

"I'll see you tomorrow morning. Call me if you need me, okay?" I nod gently. He glances over at the couch. Bill lays facing the opposite direction. A nurse walks in.

"We're gonna get someone to stay with you. Okay?" She smiles after Richie leaves. "What's his name?" I hesitate before speaking. "...Bill Denbrough," I say weakly as she takes the restraints off.

"Huh?" He turns around slowly, sitting up. "And how are you two related?" I stare at Bill as he stares at me.

"He's my f-fiancé..." he mumbles as I look away. "Well, congrats." She smiles before leaving the room. "Everyone else left...they guessed you would be okay with staying here," I mumble staring at the IV in my arm.

"Yeah..." his phone starts to ring, he steps outside of the room.

— Bill's POV

Will🤍✨

B: hey babe

W: what the fuck?

B: w-what's wrong?

W: where are you?

B: at t-the hospital...

W: why??

B: Stanley...he s-stopped breathing in his s-sleep

W: and you didn't care to tell me where you were going?

B: I didn't think I would have to.

W: I think it's shitty that social media is the way I figured out.

B: I had to rush out. T-there's no reason t-to be yelling right now.

He hangs up quickly. Walking back into the room Stanley giggles weakly at something on his phone. I smile weakly before sitting down.