Twenty-Seven

Closing the door behind me I quickly walk to the car.

"Bill? Are you okay?" "Mmhmm." His phone faces the ceiling where I can't see him.

"Let me see your face." "I'm too tired to pick up the phone." He groans as I continue to watch the road.

"Bill?" Looking through the house I finally find him in his room, curled up on the floor.

"Stan?" He sits up slightly, reaching for me. "You're literally a baby." I grab his hands, pulling him up slowly. He leans onto me.

"Come on...let's go take a shower," I mumble, pulling him.

"Great now my shirt is wet." Slowly I take it off, throwing it to the side.

"Giving someone a shower isn't great you know." Bill stands in the shower with shorts on. The hot water running down his back.

"I j-just wanna sleep." "So do I...come on. Let's get dried off and dressed."

Bill nods, grabbing onto my arm. "Bill!" I squeal getting pulled in with him. "I literally don't like you right now. He shrugs and pulls his arms around me.

"Come on. No time for games. I need to change." His head rests on my collarbones.

My arms slither around his torso. His breathing almost steady. His grip around my ribs tight. He pulls me closer until our bare chest meet.

Strands of wet hair pushed back as my curls stick to my forehead. "Bill come on...we need to get out." "I don't wanna..." his grip pulling me closer. "I know you don't...but we have to."

He sighs letting go of me. Slowly I pull away, grabbing towels and stuff.

"Come on..." I drape a towel around his shoulders. Once again he pulls me close. His lips make contact with the flat my shoulder.

"We can cuddle once you get dried off. Come on." I gently pull away. The warmth that once existed gone as I pull him to the room.

"Get dressed. I'll be right back." He nods as I close the door.

—call

R: hey where did you go?

S: Bill's. He's sick

R: oh...we're all gonna stay here tonight

S: alright.

He hangs up as I hear Bill grunt. "Are you dressed yet?" "Yeah..." his voice muffled.

He lays on the bed covered up. "I need to borrow some clothes because you pulled me in." He laughs tiredly.

"Here. Drink this." "What i-is it?" "Hot tea and honey." Handing the drink to him his eyes meet mine. I can see the tiredness in his eyes.

I grab a shirt and pull it on, the smell making me melt.

The cup sits on the table as I turn around, completely empty. The older one lays passed out.

I lay beside him, immediately he pulls his arms around me. His breathing gentle and the tiniest bit shallow.