1.2

In this world there exist a gender beside male and female which is call ger. Gers are male who have the ability to get pregnant. They have smaller builds compare to the average men, usually physically weak and look more androgynous. Although gers are prohibited from entering the army, they are given the chance to be scholars, medics, entertainers and even be part of the royal advisors to the emperor. In conclusion, what gers lack in strength they make up for it with their intelligence. Still, gers are usually sheltered and not expose to the outside since young because of how rare their existence are. They are taught the skills needed at home compare to being taught at school before they decide what to do at the age of 16.

To identify a ger, they have a cinnabar mole located at their face area in which Bai Yujin's mole is right below his left eye.

Regarding the pregnancy of a ger, their chances of getting pregnant depends on the intensity of their cinnabar mole color. The redder it is, the more likely for them to get pregnant. Bai Yujin's color was not as red as he wished. It was a dull red that the color could only be seen when he is in the light. Normally if others have not seen it closer, it would be regarded simply as a normal beauty mark. Since his was a pale red, his chances of pregnancy were low but after two years of marriage he was finally able to conceive a child. There was a risk to his health but Bai Yujin was happy to be able to give Liu Li Feng a child. He thought maybe with a child, he and Liu Li Feng could grow closer as they raise their child but that was before he saw his husband and that man together.

Hearing all this, Wen Ning couldn't help himself as a few tears slip from his eyes. As he was in Bai Yujin's body, the emotions that Bai Yujin had repress deep inside him was wholly felt by Wen Ning and he wasn't ready for the burst of sadness, guilt and frustration. The tears didn't stop even after he wipes the tears away with his sleeve and even A-Jia got worry with his master's crying. Suddenly, a few soft hits from his stomach surprises him. Tears were still flowing but Wen Ning was now focus on his stomach. Another hit from his stomach and Wen Ning slowly places his hand there. He rubs his stomach, calming the child inside him and the hitting stops. Wen Ning huffs out, smiling weakly. "Were you...worry? Did you move around because you wanted to stop me crying and try to catch my attention? Such a sweet child. That's okay...daddy is fine now. Thank you," with a last swipe using his sleeve to clear out the tears, he gives a few rubs to his stomach. This child needs him now and he'll do whatever it takes to protect him or her in Bai Yujin's place. There were more weird things that he had seen when he was corpse. Being pregnant, albeit strange, is probably mild in his weirdness scale at this point.

As he slowly stands up to head towards another sliding door that he could see headed to the garden outside, Wen Ning can hear voices talking loudly from the hall outside his room and he hears the sound of heavy footstep walking quickly at his direction.

"You can't go in there!" Rou Yao voices out loudly from outside. Wen Ning got worry and as he was standing up to see what was going on, the door to his room slides open quickly, startling Wen Ning who was already half standing, his hand supporting his belly.

Wen Ning walks a step back, covering his stomach protectively as he looks at the man who just entered his room. The man was tall. He seems to be towering above Wen Ning even if he was standing far away from him. His chest length hair was in disarray, covering his face making Wen Ning unable to see clearly this man's face except for his golden irises which were staring at Wen Ning intensively, his robes were messy and he seems exhausted, as if he had run here, with sweat covering his forehead even though he was standing there with a stoned face, as cool as a cucumber. Wen Ning felt restless as he sees the sweat on the man's forehead and he moves slightly forward, wanting to wipe it away but he stops his action.