1.9

Splash, splash, splash!

"A-Jia, don't swim too fast. You're going to make yourself tired. I don't want you to suddenly drown," Wen Ning reminded the sugar glider as he places his head back at the large wooden square bathtub. He sighed pleasantly, as he submerged himself in the warm water, finally able to relieve the ache in his tired bones. He has been walking all day and his feet deserve some rest. What better way than a warm bath during the winter night.

A-Jia was swimming around from one side to the other using a thing he called 'floaty' so he could swim while keeping itself afloat. The creature had suddenly conjured it up from his portal pocket that by now, doesn't surprise Wen Ning anymore with the amount of medicine Wen Ning had asked it to keep in that unlimited space. The floaty reminded Wen Ning of a fried cake Lan Jingyi loved to eat when he goes to town and buy some to bring back to the sect. It was round and had a hole in the middle. Hmm, he should find some when he goes to town again.

"Okay master," A-Jia says as he swims vigorously across the water. How can such a small body, packed that much energy? He gives a fond look to A-Jia before unconsciously rubbing his belly. The baby kicked back and Wen Ning gives small taps to it with his finger as a sign of greeting back the kicks this child has given him.

Speaking of the child, he will be nearing eight months in a few days. At first, there was some hesitation in the doctor's part to accept him as an apprentice due to his pregnancy stage right now but Wen Ning was able to convince Doctor Jian that he would just help around with easy stuff like bandaging soldiers, giving medicines and observing Doctor Jian in his work. He did promise his father not to overdo it. The important part is after the birth but none of that now, he just wants to kick back and soaked himself into relaxation. Just by himself.

"It's too cold!"

He spoke too soon.

Wen Ning looks at the bathroom door and there stood Sun Junjie, naked in all his glory except for a towel wrapped around his waist. He had both his hands at his waist and was grinning as he sees Wen Ning in the bath. "Yujin! I hope I wasn't disturbing you," Sun Junjie says as he walks closer and dips his foot to test the water before entering into the water, satisfaction in his face to finally being warm. He whistles cheekily as he looks at Wen Ning, his eyes appreciating the view in front of him. Wen Ning quickly took a wet towel and covered his private parts, blushing from being stared at intensively by Sun Junjie.

"What are you doing here?" Wen Ning warily asked. Sun Junjie lifts a brow from that question. "Umm, taking a bath," "I can see that but why are you in THIS bathroom when there is one near Liu Li Feng's room?" Wen Ning is this close to splashing Sun Junjie's face if he doesn't stop staring at him.

Wen Ning doesn't need to. Sun Junjie splashes his face a couple of times and pushes his hair back making Wen Ning able to see his whole face. The warmth in Sun Junjie's cheeks from the hot water and the dazed look in his eyes makes Wen Ning feel embarrassed. Seeing how red Wen Ning was, Sun Junjie slyly smiles at him. "Because I wanted to take a bath with you. I want to spend more time with you Yujin," his voices out, no lies can be heard from his words. Such a charmer.

Sun Junjie is an attractive man; from his lean and chiselled body, due to his training as a soldier and his flirtatious and friendly personality, Wen Ning isn't surprised that Liu Li Feng easily fell in love with this man. If Wen Ning wasn't doing his job, he would have gotten a crush on this man too but that is not all. His similarities in looks and personality to Wei Wuxian also doesn't help Wen Ning from burning these feelings he has for his master.

"Why are you suddenly sad now?" Wen Ning felt fingers moving his wet bangs, making his view clear. Knowing whose fingers they are, Wen Ning just glances at Sun Junjie who magically appears by his side. He was sitting so close to Wen Ning that Wen Ning could see Sun Junjie's light grey eyes with purple hues around the iris. Those eyes looked so beautiful compare to Wen Ning's lacklustre ones, which were also grey but a darker shade that looked almost black. Only if one looks closer that they can see the grey in his eyes. He kind of feels dejected now thinking about it.